Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Day in the Life...

My days have become one gigantic hour by hour to-do list! Between working full-time hours right now, weekly Den Meetings, monthly Pack Meetings, Primary every Sunday, weekly Primary meetings, being a mom, taking care of the house and having time to sit down eat.....I don't know where to begin sometimes!
I love what I do at Fat Cats, and am learning more everyday. Obviously that takes more time away from my family...and that's the hard part right now. Until they hire more Events people, I'm the only one taking care of things right now, and that's so stressful. I have been able to host a few corporate events though, and I have to admit it's been a great transition for me. Though I miss the boys while I'm at work, hosting parties is my thing and I get paid well to do it!
I make it my top priority to always have a "goofy" moments with the boys everyday. I know that sounds lame, but when I get home at 7pm it makes it hard to have play time because it's bedtime. But I know how fast time flies and I'm not about to regret one moment! I love my sweet boys and enjoy every minute of being their mom.

What really made me stop and think about how crazy my schedule has gotten lately was a day last week...let me share a little from that day.

I was hosting a Weber State Event that was going on until midnight that night, so I wasn't needed in the office until about 4 that evening. Brax had his doctor apoointment that morning to check on his digestive issues and skin problems...so off to the pediatrician we went. I love his doctor and all the advice she gives me on the natural ways to help problems. So after about 3 different health food store stops, here's everything I need to keep Brax and Carter feeling better...

The boys and I also did our "dreaded" Costco needs shopping. I hate when I have to do both because it gets so expensive...and time consuming! But we did it...I was also able to pick up some things for Carter's 4th birthdya party in 2 weeks while there...BONUS!

Once home I put them both down for naps....and when they woke up, it was time for Den meeting at the church. So we all headed off for that. Carter is really good at scouts and wants to do everything the big boys do, but Brax was just not having a great day so it was super fun trying to control five 8 year old boys with a fussy baby. Once home, Scott got home from work and I headed off for the event. Getting home late and eating weird really takes a toll on me. The next morning came way too quickly...The boys and I got up, ate breakfast, got ready and headed out the door. Braxton was dropped off at my friend's house and I then took Carter to preschool. Once the boys were "distributed" I rushed to my manager's meeting at work, that started at 9am...needless to day I was about 20 minutes late. Once the meeting was over, I cruised back to get Brax and then picked up Carter after his preschool was done. I then drove them to their grandma's so that I could rush back to work and get more things dumped on my plate.

Once my tasks were completed I rushed home to play with the boys...and have 5 minutes to chat with Scott for the first time in 3 days.

Glad that's over...oh but wait I get to do that again and again until more people are hired! Nice huh? It's just bad timing with everythign right now...and I know it will settle down soon.

We have managed to fit some really fun things in though...like finding a praying mantis and naming him George....And practicing writing Carter's name. We work on this daily, I have so many ideas to make letter writing fun if anyone's interested. It's not fun for mom or the child if you have to do the same thing over and over again, so we do a different activity each day, but they all involve writing letters. Carter thinks it's a game...and he's cruising along nicely!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh that picture of carter with the glasses is freaking hillairious!!! it totally is him thats for sure. you such a cute mom and your boys love you for it.
by the way this is juju