Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Out with the Old...and In with the New!

I have been a cubmaster for the 8 and 9 year old boys for over a year now...and seriously have learned so much! These boys have become like family to me because of everything you do in scouts. There have been crazy times, wonderful experiences and complete breakthroughs with some of the boys! I was just getting the hang of things when I was called to be the Second Counselor in the Primary Presidency.
Though I have turly NO IDEA what Primary does and what the second counselor position entails...I am so excited. I had to day good-bye to my jeans and t-shirts and get used to my dresses and skirts now....
I am already well aware that I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do every Sunday now...but I guess there's a reason for me to be there.
Another change is my work. I have to say good-bye to my "easy" position of showing up whenever and not really reporting to anybody....and change to working in the office more and attending meetings 3 times a week now. Though I liked the freedom of my other position, outside sales really isn't my thing. So now I'm the new Assistant Events Director and Marketing Manager! I am super excited, because Fat Cats is an amazing company. I get to be a part of something that is small now, but will expand shortly and become HUGE! It's a great opportunity for me to advance in the company, but it does come with more responsibility...we'll see how that part goes.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Be prepared for lots of meetings in Primary. And Sharing time, the presidency gets to do sharing time. Good luck! The primary is so much fun.

Good luck in your new position too!

Ashley and Devan said...

You will be so good in the Primary! Yay on the new fat cats promotion.. congrats!!

Andrea said...

Wait!!! So does that mean you took the main job?? We must chat this week. And of course you will be awesome in Primary. The kids will love you and all of the fun ideas you come up with.