Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter and Family Time...

This Easter was so much fun! Carter actually "got" the idea of collecting Easter eggs and getting the treats inside. We actually took part in 3 Easter Egg Hunts...and all in very different ways.
The first was Friday night, Scott's Aunt Janae and Uncle Craig put together one of the best ideas ever! It was a "Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt." We went to a field at night, gave the kids a flashlight and their Easter Baskets and let them find the eggs. It really was so much fun and I am so making sure this is a tradition for us from now on!

Then on Saturday Hill AFB puts on a great hunt for the kids...the eggs even have toys instead of treats (and you know I'm all about less sugar!) Though I was so excited to have Carter take part in this egg hunt, he had other ideas. They had the Easter Bunny come...and once he saw him it was all over for the actual hunt.

Once the short Egg Hunt was over, Carter got his wish, we went over to the Easter Bunny and he gave him a big hug! It was just what the little guy needed to make him in a better mood.

Then on Easter our little family went to church...Carter was adorable in his sweater-vest, compliments of his cousin Hunter. And then headed over to my step-dad's for a BBQ and some relaxation. Scott's family came over as well and we had, yet another, Easter Egg Hunt in his backyard. Pretty much though, by this time Carter was all "Egg-Hunted" out and just wanted to jump on the tramp.

Overall it was a great Easter: the weather was gorgeous, we got to see lots of family, and just relax.


This week has been a little crazy: I have been so busy, Scott has had some harder days at work, and Carter has definitely reached the "terrible twos" now! So after a phone call from Scott saying he needed a break from reality, I came up with a cute idea...

In the Morris house we love to have Family Movie Time. Carter gets to help pop the popcorn, lick out treats and hang out with Daddy in the recliner, while Scott and I get to just relax for once. Though I knew Scott would like to just chill last night, I knew I had to make it a little more fun and special...
Introducing.......Mommy's Concession Stand!

We all got some "Mommy Money" to use at the Concession Stand and buy what treats we wanted...

Here's the little man "buying" his goodies!

Very cheap, very fun and way to easy to spice up a simple family night!

Well folks, I know all of you really want to see my belly (okay so I know that's a lie, but I wanted to include a pic so that when I look back I can remember just how gigantic I'm getting) Here is the little guy sitting way low, he enjoys kicking my ribs (they must be in his way), doing summer-saults and creating a ton of pressure on my body! :) Though I'm now at the uncomfortable stage, I am getting more and more excited to him to come.

I'm 26 weeks, and if I go early like with Carter, we're talking 12 weeks and he'll be here! CRAZY!!!!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Ok Christie...seriously!! Everytime I read your blog I feel like such a boring mom...."Mommy money"! Only you have the energy, pregnant and all! What an Easter Carter got!! It looks like you guys had a great holiday!

The Benoits said...

keep including the pics of the belly....they make me smile everytime! So cute and such a fun way to remember what is really such a short period in your life!

Ashley and Devan said...

12 weeks Holy Cow! Your belly is so cute! I can't wait to see you in person. Is Carter excited to get a baby brother? Hunter loves Brinley so so so much. He keeps asking me if I can go to the hospital and get another baby sister. Carter's going to be a great big brother like Hunter is.
Cute Easter pics!

Azure said...

What a cute little belly!!!! You had quite the eventful Easter. Looks like a lot of fun!!