Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A Trip to Arizona....and a Dentist Appointment...

Last weekend Scott, Carter and I were lucky enough to take a trip to Arizona to visit the other side of my family. It's actually worked out pretty well over the last few years, because we get to see eachother every two to three months. Being the only grandkid, Carter sure loves the attention! The weather in Utah was awful while we were gone, which made the trip a much-needed "getaway" for our little fam.
Carter is over the age of being a "lap-child" on the plane, so this trip he actually had his own seat! It was hilarious! Every time we go on the airplane, he gets better and better. (It helps that it's only an hour and 40 minute flight too!) But he does so well, it's fun to watch him explore every detail of the plane.
This is the little man, seated with his seatbelt on and reading the safety instructions for the plane! So funny.

The first day we were there, we took advantage of the nice weather and went to the Zoo. It's such a nice Zoo there and it really was a perfect day. What's a two-year old going to do when he's done sitting in the stroller....
That night we went out to dinner at our favorite...Texas Roadhouse. Though it really wasn't my dad's birthday, we totally embarassed him and said it was! Carter of course had to get in on the action....
We also went to the Titan Missile Museum. It's really cool because they have this gigantic missile completely underground and we got to go and check it out!
The taller people had to wear hard hats because of the equipment and everything we were going to walk through....of course though, Carter needed to wear one too.
And it just wouldn't be a complete trip if Carter didn't get a chance to go Go-Cart Riding with Grandpa! He remembers this everytime we come here and doesn't forget! Scott, my Dad and Carter all went one morning and Carter came back talking up a storm about it!
It was such a fun trip! My step-mom planned a surprise Baby Shower for me too! I really had no idea...but with all the sweet goodies we got to bring home I feel so ready and excited to have this little boy!
Yesterday, Carter had his very first Dentist appointment! The place I took him to, Castle Creek Pediatric Dentistry, is AMAZING! I love it and will be bringing Carter there until he's 18! This was his first appointment, so really it was just a "meet-and-greet" but it was fun.
Carter did so well, which amazed me! And it was all good news about his teeth, which makes me feel good too!
It's always fun to getaway and relax away from reality, but it's also fun to come home and get back into our routine. Scott's on day shift, the weather is great and in about 3 months I'm going to be a mom of two kids.....things are coming along nicely for our little family!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

WOW, looks like you guys had a GREAT time in Arizona!! Make me realize how badly I need a vacation! :) I'm glad Carter did good at the Dentist. Carter is so good with people he probably just loved it. He looks like a big boy sitting in that chair!

Ashley and Devan said...

I really like Carter's big brother shirt.. very cute! I can't believe you only have 3 months girl! Did you get my text? We'd love to get together but H woke up yesterday with a terrible cold. Seriously, we're not having good luck trying to get together. Hopefully next week! We miss you guys!

Janae said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your getaway to Arizona. Sounds like fun. We had a little getaway last weekend ourselves to Saint George and I was loving the warm weather.
Carter looks so cute in the dentist chair. i just took the girls to the dentist yesterday. It wasn't their first trip but it was our first here in Utah and it worked out perfect because my niece is the dental assistant that cleaned their teeth and they were so happy and relaxed. It was awesome. Anyways, I'm glad Carter's first trip went well! And how brave was he to sit in the dentist chair! Neither of my girls would do that on their first trip. they both wanted to sit in my lap and the chair terrified them.

Andrea said...

Fun pictures! It look like you had a great trip. I bet your dad and step mom just loved having Carter there. And how sweet that she threw you a surprise baby shower.