Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Great Outdoors....

Ahh...the Great Outdoors. I've decided that I am a "sun-person." I need to be in the sun, feel the heat from it, play outside, go for walks and just enjoy relaxing in the rays! Lately the weather has been getting better...and I can tell a difference in my attitude as well. :)



Last Sunday Scott and I thought it would be a good idea to "re-introduce" Carter to water balloons.....it was a hit! This little kid could throw water balloons all day long if we kept them coming his way!

It was such a nice day out so we took advantage and just relaxed in our backyard. Carter loves to swing in the tree swing we got last year...he didn't love it last year...but this year he wants in it all the time! And the best news....I actually got him to smile for the camera! This is a rare occurance...so enjoy it!

Last week Carter and I got to spend the day with his Grandma Margaret...and what's a day with her without going to the Gateway? We stopped off at the "treat shop" first and then walked around everywhere. Afterwards, we stopped by the fountain to see the water show....he absolutely LOVED it! We had so much fun hanging out with Grandma Margaret!

On Monday, Scott took us up to the "B" in Bountiful for some fun "mountain-time." I'm not really the "outdoors" type of person, but it was such a fun time to just hang out. There's not really a lot to do up there...so it forces me to relax and just enjoy the moment. Of course Scott took advantage of this time and showed Carter how to shoot the pellet gun of his....so funny how little Carter knew just how to look through the scope! (I'm not a gun person either...so the fact that I'm sharing this pic is amazing!)

Scott also brought his "protective ear gear" (as he refers to it) and of course Carter just had to try them on for size!

I am having so much fun doing things outside....playing different games with Carter and just hanging out as a family lately! Though I'm getting bigger by the minute, I really am having a blast being pregnant! (Never thought I'd say that before!) Last week at my check up, my due date got moved up again because this little baby boy is growing like a weed. He's already 3 pounds...which means we're most likely looking at another 7 to 8 weeks and he'll be here! I can't wait...but still have a few things I want done before he arrives...so I better get crackin!

5 comments:

Kiera said...

Looks like fun.

Hey, how did you do your cute header?

Ashley and Devan said...

Wow only 7 weeks! That is so soon. I'm so excited for you to have two. You are going to love it.
I can't believe how big Carter looks in those pictures. He's totally gone from looking like a toddler to looking like a little boy. Hunter has hit that stage too.. kind of sad that our boys are growing up!

Jackie said...

I couldn't agree more with how much Carter has grown!! He really looks SO big in those pictures! Maybe it's his short hair, which is cute, but WOW he really does look like a little boy instead of a toddler. It's amazing how fast they grow and change!
I'm glad you are all having so much fun, you guys are a very cute family!

Steve said...

Hillarious....man I wish I was there with you guys! I can't wait to take all the boys up shooting..we sure miss you guys!

Andrea said...

Wow it sure looks like you guys have been having fun. Carter looks so cute in his little "preppy" clothes. My fav pic is the one in the fountains at the Gateway though. He is growing up so fast Christie. I can't wait until baby #2 comes.....