Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip....

This year the boys and I were lucky enough to go to Black Island Farms again with Carter's school. Last year was so much fun, though Brax was only 3 months old. And I was afraid with my work schedule that this year we wouldn't be able to go....well not to worry, we made it this year too!
It's such a fun place (and free with our tuition) the kids get to learn about growing veggies, farming, and all kinds of different corn out there.
We started our trip with a good ol' fashioned hay ride....

Once we arrived at the pumpkin patch, it was detective pumpkin picking time! Carter was on a hunt to find the perfect pumpkin, and Brax was trailing right behind. Once Carter decided on the pumpkin of his choice, his raised his hand and the guys came over and cut it right from the vine!This was the boys last year in this same spot...my, my how they've changed!
Once our pumpkin patch of the trip was over, it was on to our picnic lunch in the field...Brax was loving every minute!
Carter's favorite part is the tractor ride.....he gets the cow one every time!

Braxton was so upset in my arms watching his big brother go on the ride, so the driver told me I could go with him....all I have to say is: I'm glad I'm not a big girl! And though Brax doesn't look thrilled here, he couldn't stop smiling the whole ride! (this was my lame attempt at getting our pic together.)








Next was the Kiddie Corn Maze. I showed Carter and Brax how to pick corn right from the stalk...they thought it was pretty cool! They had a sandbox filled with corn....and it was a hit with our boys. Braxton was completely thrilled to have the freedom to explore everywhere.

We checked out the cows on our way out....I had to include this photo, it is the cutest picture backdrop and I was so excited to get the boys' picture there. Braxton would not sit up to save his life...so I gave him an ear of corn thinking that would help... do you see what he's trying to do with that corn? NAUGHTY!
It was another successful trip to Black Island Farm. The boys had a great time and learned something along the way.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Can Brax really fit into that vest now?? SAD! Only because our boys are growing up so fast. But very cute on him. I love that pumpkin patch. That is really cool that it is a part of his preschool tuition. Fun pics