Monday, November 1, 2010

Catch Up....

I've been so busy lately keeping Brax healthy, Carter stimulated with learning, the house cleaned, the food made, the bills paid....you get where I'm going....that my body finally had it with me....I got sick!
Not just a little cough and runny nose: but we're talking 103 temps, painful swallowing, achy body, throwing up, dizziness...that's right...STREP THROAT!
The last time I was this sick was 2 years ago...when I was pregnant with Brax. I guess something had to give, but it hit me hard!
So, while I've been recovering, we've been busy doing some random things around the house....like vaccuuming in our diapers...
Making and eating yogurt pops. The boys love them! It's just yogurt too...so I love giving them. Carter likes to layer his with different flavors now...and Brax is just content eating them!
Baking pumpkin pies (individual sizes for easy freezing) and yes people...this crust is from scratch! you should all be very proud, because the pumpkin is an actual pumpkin I bought from the store....I know it's shocking!
And making my friend Katie's, famous pumpkin seeds. We were at her house one day when she made these, and Carter choed down! So I tested out her recipe and they are delicious!
And our sweet Carter had his very first Primary Program last week! My how this kid has grown. He was the first to speak in his class and was seriously the loudest one there! It was so precious to see him, be up in the stands with him and watch him sing the songs.
It was priceless to see him shaking his head, signing and singing beautifully. My mom came, and that made it even more special. Carter and I were able to sit in the stands behind the piano, while Scott had to be with our difficult Brax in the halls. (Gotta love callings right)
It was such a great experience, I'm really glad I was able to be a huge part in it.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

First, it looks like you guys had a great Halloween. I love the boys' costumes. Where did you find Carter's knight?? That is a really nice one.

And how fun for your mom to get to be there for the primary program! I bet she loved it. I am still pretty bummed out about Thanksgiving this year, but there is always NEXT Thanksgiving right??

Ashley and Devan said...

Can I just say so impressed on the pumpkin pie.. not surprised though, you are amazing!
I miss you guys! I am so glad you are feeling better. Thursday can't come soon enough : )

Remi Rae Callister said...

YOu have a darling little family!
check out my childrens boutique blog
www.sassymia.blogspot.com