Thursday, March 19, 2009

St. Patricks Day, Friends and Spring Fever

I know St. Patrick's Day has past, but we had such a great one this year, I just had to share. My family is Irish, so it's always been a tradition to really get into this holiday. We always have corned beef, (minus the cabbage) and my mom even made us "Lucky Clover" shirts growing up!
My cute sister-in-law had a great idea for St. Patty's Day: A Scavenger Hunt complete with clues from a Leprechan in hopes of finding a treasure! Though I totally get into this stuff, I really just threw it all together that morning. (so don't mind the "creative" colors and prizes!) Carter and Scott were sent around the house following the clues, (they were all places Carter can reach like the bath tub, his dresser drawers, etc.) and when they were done the treasure was a basket filled with goodies! (this pic was taken after Carter went through it!)
Here's my two boys enjoying their new sexy glasses!
Carter and I ended our day at my mom's for some traditional Irish fixins while Scott went to work.
Carter may look a little mad in this pic, but this is how I've found this little boy ever since St. Patty's Day! He absolutely LOVES wearing these glasses! It's only thing he'll actaully keep on for a period of time.
Yesterday Carter and I met up with Jackie and cute Rylan (not that you're not cute Jackie...but Rylan is adorable!) And we took them to the Treehouse Museum! It was so much fun, the boys played for almost two hours together and explored everything! Once naptime hit though...it was time to go...
The last couple of days Carter and I have been enjoying being outdoors again! I can't wait for Spring to come finally!!!! Scott's been doing some much needed "spring cleaning" in his garage. For those that don't know, we have a 4 car garage but he has packed it full with stuff it's hard to work in there. So that's our goal over the next month or so....to get his garage in "working order." (Is is bad that I seriously LOVE organizing?!?)


Being outside and playing in the sun is making me so excited for a Summer baby! Carter was so hard to have in October because it was so cold...which also limits what you can and can't do too! So this time around I'm so excited to have a baby that I can actaully go outside with and not feel guilty!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Way to cave into peer pressure!! haha. Thanks for signing up I am excited it will be fun. I love that pic of Scotty and Carter in sporting their cool sunglasses. Sound like you had a fun day.