Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Catch Up...Schedules...Timelines...

Things have been so crazy for our little family lately. Scott has been on Swing Shift for about 3 weeks now and I have to admit I'm really struggling with it...I'm not dying I just really miss him at night. It's hard especially to have Carter watch his daddy leave us during the day and know that he won't see him until tomorrow. (Poor little guy cries everyday for Scotty....that's also not making things easier on poor Scott either!)

The good news is that after this month, Scott will be back to his normal shift working days again. (I can't wait...I have a "mental countdown" going on right now)
Our schedules have been so weird because I want to spend the time with Scott that I have, but that also means not getting my "daytime" things done until after naptime...so it's really throwing me off here! :)
Don't think Carter and I have been bored at home the past few weeks without Scott....

We have gone to the park near our house, almost every night this week. (I'm taking advantage of the weather while it's still nice...I hear it's supposed to snow again!!) Carter's favorite thing to do on the playground is "drive" the "ship" around town. It's so fun to see his little imagination at work.

And I have to admit...while the Cat is Away...the Mice Sure do Play!

Carter and I have shared Oreo cookies and milk just about every night before bed! I know it's great to put your kids to bed while hyped up on sugar...but it's so fun to have these little moments together.

Because everything has been out-of-whack for us....potty training has been slower than planned. He's actually doing really well....it's me that not adjusting to thinking about when he needs to go potty. He's so interested in the whole process though...and at night asks me if we're "doin potty trainin" again tomorrow. So it's slow but still progressing.

Since my husband has been gone at night...I've had a lot of time on my hands to think about things....and I've come to realize that I don't think I want Carter to start preschool quite yet. He's such a bright little boy, but I really miss him! I know the Prego hormones are totally taking over my brain....but even when I leave him to go to the doctor's I miss him! Is that weird? I think it's going to be hard on him when his little brother arrives...and I think having more quality time with him will (at least) make me feel better about everything.

Keep checking back...I go to the doctor's tomorrow for my 20 week check up! I'm HALF way there!!

3 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

I think it's totally normal that you don't want to send Carter to pre-school yet because you'll miss him. When I was pregnant I had the same emotions with Hunter. Enjoy the last few months of him being an only child. Things really do change a lot when there is another child in the picture. Carter will be a great big brother though. I can't believe you are half way!!

Jackie said...

Hey Christie, I've been meaning to call you these past weeks...I'm sorry the new swing shift has been rough! I'm glad that he's going back to days. I so agree with enjoying Carter as much as possible, because you'll be a lot busier once your little one arrives. Sorry I haven't kept in touch, I can't believe your half way!!! Crazy!

Andrea said...

Oh Christie....I love the Oreo mustache! That is so fun. I sure wished that we had "park" weather around here. I am SO over Winter. It sounds like we need to chat, since so many things have changed over the past little while. I want to hear more about potty training and preschool thoughts......