Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Silly Carter and a CREATIVE Mother's Day Craft...

Scott and I have been living in our home for almost 2 and a half years now...and of course we first focused on the inside of the home (where we live 10 months out of the year) and have completely neglected the outside. So, now that the inside of our home is where we want it to be, we're focusing on the outdoors.
I found this pot at Savers for $1.50. Now when I foudn it, it was a grey-ish and completely worn out looking....of course though I saw its potential and knew it was going to look great on our front entryway.

Carter had to "help" me spray paint it the color that I wanted...and once it was dry I promised him he coudl play with it.....silly little boy!
Scott and I were orgainzing our bills at the dining room table today and Carter pulled up a chair, climbed up on the table and put on Scott's hat just like this.....

Our little 2 1/2 year old is sure keeping us on our toes!
For Mother's Day I found this great idea in a magazine (I of course tweeked it a little to make it more "my style") and wanted to share...it's easy, fun, creative, and inexpensive.
The supplies you need are: colorful handprints, toothpicks, and tape.

Basically, you "roll" the fingers of the handprints and then twist around a toothpick to make them look like flowers...and this is what you get!

I found these mini pots and tied a bow around them and filled them with paper. I always hate giving flowers to people (especially my mother) because it doesn't do justice to how grateful I am and how much they mean to me...but this is a great way to "give flowers."

3 comments:

Andrea said...

What a cute idea. I just might have to make some of those this weekend with the boys. That flower pot you got is awesome--and even better that you got it for such a good deal.

PS: I mailed off a little "thank you" for the pills package on Mon. so it should be getting there this weekend. I hope all is well, and you guys are enjoying the Spring as much as we are. Love ya!

Ashley and Devan said...

Cute flowers. You are the most creative Mom i know.

annies home said...

what a great idea