Sunday, September 20, 2009

Is it almost October Already?

So I'll admit...I have turned into one of those people that only update their blog every so often now! I'm so going to work on that though. I can't believe it's going to be October already! Here's what we've been up to so far this month...
My mom's school was having a carnival...and of course we had to take part in THAT! It was so fun. Carter invited his friend Hunter to join us and the two boys had a blast! Though my sister Julia is almost 17, she's still a big kid at heart...and had to get her face painted too!
Carter was such a good sport about getting his face painted. I really wasn't sure how he would do and he loved it!
They had a bike course to ride around on and learn the hand signals. Carter liked it, but his legs were just a bit to short to really use the pedals.
I took the boys in for their "well-kid" check ups. (Carter's 3 year and Braxton's 2 month) So I thought I was brilliant getting the appointments done at the same time...well it turned out that we were in there for over an hour! That's right two kids in a doctor's office for over an hour...I may think it through next time.
The boys are so cute though...and yes I was really bored in the room!
Scott and I also took the boys to the Utah State Fair. I absolutely love going there and having Carter do the FFA kid thing. It's so fun and Carter always loves it!
Another tradition is Carter and Scott always take a ride on the helicopters. Carter loves it, but every time Scott tried to use the controls, our little guy freaked out! He's a little bit of a control freak...I have NO idea where he gets that from!
Of course what's a trip to the Fair without a few pics right? These always make me laugh because Brax could not look any more confused and Carter has the weirdest grin...still these are memories in the making folks!Last...our little Brax is growing up so much! The little guy weighs over 12 pounds now and holds his head up when on his belly, rolls over from his belly to his back and squiggles ALL the time...
It's such a blessing to have Brax in our family. Carter has become such a great big brother, I have realized that being a mom is so much more fun when you have two, and Scott can't wait for them to grow up and work on cars, hunt and gang up on me! :)

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Cute pictures Christie! We went to the state fair as well, but we weren't there long and I didn't get any good pictures. I'm glad I got to see you at the carnival, that was pretty fun for the kids! Looks like you're staying busy!

Janae said...

I can't believe how big Braxton is getting. We so need to get together. Maybe we could have a play date or something. What days does Carter go to preschool?