Thursday, March 25, 2010

Traditions....Catch Up....More Traditions....

St. Patrick's Day is a day that always used to be a big deal in my family growing up...because we're Irish...and Carter of course has continued that tradition.
My sister and Carter have the same shirt that they've worn two years in a row on St. Patty's Day...
It was really fun for Carter to wear his shirt to preschool and show everyone!
Another tradition is...The Pinewood Derby Family Edition! Scott and I started this tradition last year, and I will admit it's a really great time for our family. (Carter's a tad-bit obsessed with cars, so a big racetrack, lots of kids and racing your own car is a BLAST for our little guy.) Last year Scott and I each did a car...this year we did a "family" one that Carter decorated all by himself!

He was so excited! It was even funnier when he went to the weigh in with Scott (the cars have to stay in the library over night) so Scott kept explaining to Carter how the cars were going to "spend the night" at the church and be ready when we came back the next day.

The best part of the derby is Carter finding his friends and racing along the sidelines with them. It's such a fun family activity!
Another tradition I can't wait for....the Hill AFB Easter Egg Hunt! The base truly puts on the best hunt and ever since Carter was born we've been going! I can't wait for this year with 2 boys. Carter loves the Easter Bunny that comes out afterward to say hi to all the little kids.
Next weekend is the big Easter weekend for us...stay posted for more pics...

2 comments:

Jackie said...

What a fun tradition! Looks like Carter had fun. I keep meaning to ask if you are doing the Thomas the Train in Heber this year? I've been thinking about going.

Rachael said...

Hello, It was fun reading your blog and catching up on everything that's going on in you and your cute kids lives. Thanks for your comments on my blog. Yes, I remember who you are. Maybe I'll have to add your blog to my blog list so I can keep better track.

:)