Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Few "Firsts"

Braxton has been changing and growing, I swear by the minute lately. He rolls and "skooches" everywhere, he eats a ton of baby food and his first word is MAMA! Carter said DaDa first, so to have Brax look right at me and say MaMa is so fulfilling!
Today was an unusually relaxing day for the the boys and me. For those that know me, I can't just sit still....so out came the sissors and Braxton got his first hair cut!
Here's the little guy with his long, crazy hair...
I'm all about the "messy" look for my kids. Carter has curly hair, and Brax's is still uneven in many parts...so the messy look works well for our boys.
Carter has been changing so much too. He now wipes all by himself (sorry if that's gross) he is learning about lefts and rights, he knows his alphabet, and can name every city that this grandparents, friends and cousins live.
Here's funny Carter getting ready for his hair cut too...
Here are my sweet boys after their hair cuts! Carter's going through a weird grin phase and Brax wasn't so sure about the sissors...but they both look cute! On another note of firsts...Carter has been asking me for awhile now when his "sister" Ellie is going to have her birthday party. (He now calls her "Elle") He loves that sweet stuffed elephant so much....what's a mom to do...deny her 3 year old a party for his only sister? No way!
Carter and I made a mini cake with 1 candle in it (because Carter says she's 1 year old) He was thrilled to throw her a party and have cake. It's the little things in life when you're 3.
And what's a birthday without presents?
Ellie got some crafts to do with Carter and Braxton....that mystery shopper is smart! :)
We've been enjoying playing with the boys, teaching Brax new things and working with Carter on becoming a well-rounded little guy. The joys of parenthood.

3 comments:

Cute Family said...

They are soo adorable!

Devan said...

Oh, a very Happy Birthday to Ellie. We know that she is such an important member of your family. Carter is seriously so cute and funny about her.
I like Brax's hair. I'm sure his girlfriend will be all about it too.

Devan said...

Ooops.. logged into Devan's account.
Love you guys!
Ash