Monday, August 9, 2010

Destination...Silver Lake...

My cute friend Ashley told me about this lake up Big Cottonwood Canyon and the pictures she took looked amazing. Scott and I have been talking about going ever since I showed him her pictures and how gorgeous it all looked. So, this past weekend my work plans changed and I had Saturday off...we took advantage of the situation and made a small road trip out of it!
Off to Silver Lake we went. The ride was a little over an hour and the boys did so well! It was fun singing songs, playing road games and hanging out on the way there! Once we made it, I knew immediately that it was going to be amazing...


We were able to push the stroller the entire way around the lake...which is always a plus. Of course though once Brax saw Carter walking he had to explore as well...it's so fun having both boys walking now!
The views were breathtaking!

Brax is usually very independent and doesn't want to hold hands...but for the first time on Saturday he let Scott hold his hand most of the way! Scott kept telling me how weird it was to have the little man holding his hand walking around. It was such a gorgeous day (a little bit chilly in my book, but still really nice) it was so calm and quiet...just absolutely perfect!
We had such a great time on Saturday that on Sunday we had Scott's mom and dad come with us again. (I know we're weird) I am so glad they came with us, it was so gorgeous (a bit warmer than on Saturday) and such a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.



Brax loved every minute of it! He especially liked feeding the ducks on the dock. He kept pointing and making noises at them. This time we didn't bring the stroller and just let the boys walk and explore...they loved having their grandparents there with us. The boardwalk was so nice and so enjoyable to walk around. It was so fun to see Brax learn how to feed the ducks from Carter. He watched Carter take small pieces of bread and throw them int he water...so he would do the same (sometimes though the pieces made it in his mouth instead!)
The funniest part was watching Brax try to "rock climb." He's such a goof!
The mountains were gorgeous, the lake was beautiful...I couldn't have imagined a better time.
On the way there yesterday with Scott's family, I spotted a deer off the side of the road. I'm sure you can guess what Scott did...pull over, turn around and take a million pictures of it! It was huge and stayed really still staring at us the whole time! Crazy. We were a little far away from it, so this is the best shot Scott got. (Pretty sure that made his day...and to think I'm the one who saw it!)
I'm so glad we went... it's definitely going to be a place we frequent now.
I love this picture, it's moments like these that shape our future.

2 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

I am so happy you guys went to Silver Lake. Isn't it so fun! We should go up there together sometime and camp.
I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

Andrea said...

Looks like fun! I have never been there before. That last pic is my favorite of the boys. How sweet.

So are we ever going to catch each other to actually chat on the phone????