Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ice Cream, Time Outs, Fun Times, and Zucchini....

We've been on an ice cream "high" lately around the Morris household. Carter loves that I make his ice cream cones HUGE! It's one way I make having homemade ice cream sound more fun than going somewhere to get it.

Though Brax is only 1, this kid loves ice cream cones! It's really funny to watch him try to eat one too. He's just about getting the hang of it...but this is what he looked like the other day after an ice cream treat in the car!
The newest part of my day is having to put Brax in timeout! (I know he's young, but hey it's never too early to start disciplining right?) Though I feel like the timeout police lately with 2 boys getting into trouble...we have had our share of fun times too! I rotated the boys' toys again and they played in the playroom for about 3 hours together today!
Our zucchini plant is seriously out of control...just about every week we get at least 5 big zucchinis! My mother-in-law bought me a recipe book on everything zucchini, and I've been able to try out some of them this week.
Though this doesn't look great, it was my attempt at an "apple" crisp zucchini style. It actually tastes really great...just doesn't look like it. You peel, de-seed, and cut the zucchini to look like apples...Scott couldn't tell the difference!
Honey Zucchini bread....yum! There's 2 full cups of zucchini (some extra carrot grated in there too) and still tastes great!
These zucchini chocolate chip cookies are one of Carter and Braxton's favorite now! Love it. They have no idea that it's mostly zucchini in them.
These zucchini pancakes are seriously the BEST! I'm a huge fan of pancakes (usually sweet) but the salty, buttery goodness is so amazing in these! We've eaten them for dinner twice this week already.
I didn't get to take a picture before Scott got to it...but this is a chocolate zucchini nut bread that's seriously to die for! I love it, Carter loves it, Brax eats it like no other and Scott has no idea that he's actually getting green beans, carrots, walnuts, zucchini and some much needed fiber!
Carter helps me cook every single day now and he's really getting the hang of it. He knows how to put all the dirty dishes in the sink, all the used ingredients back in the pantry and the fridge items away! He loves to mix, add and measure. It's really fun having him help to...he talks to me about everything while we bake.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I love all your posts, it's great that you keep so busy! I can't believe how big Braxton is getting!

You should post the recipes for all your zucchini recipes! They look good!

Rachael said...

My mother in law does the same thing. She just made Zucchini cake. And some how it always tastes edible.