Monday, March 7, 2011

Growing Up...

Growing up is something that our boys are doing so quickly right now! It's fun, exciting and still a little sad to see some qualities change because neither one of them is little anymore.

I've known for a little while that Brax needs to be in an actual bed, but I couldn't make up my mind what we were going to do. Then one day...lightbulb! His crib is a convertible one, so it turns into a full size bed, this is technically a FREE bed...and we need is the mattress.

So off to the store we went, did anyone know that going from a twin to a full is only a $15 difference? Seriously?!?

Here is what the little guy's room looked like...

And now this is what the little one gets to sleep in...He actually did really well! He got Carter's twin bed, and took his first nap with NO ISSUES! He just layed right down and fell asleep. Tonight wasn't different, he's such a cute little guy! And now he's big in his REAL bed.

Carter got upgraded to a full bed, because of the crib situation...and all I have to say is...AWESOME!We went to store and found bedding for $17 that he LOVES! We made it a party when the mattress arrived and he had such a great time playing in it. He even had a specific side for Ellie the Elephant to sleep on. :) Precious!

One thing I've been doing with Carter is putting his crafts, school pictures and projects up on his wall. I've been calling it his "Wall of Greatness" and I have to say it's really special. Carter loves that he can display his things, I love that it's not all crammed on the fridge and it really lets him know how proud we are of him! I want to frame the half of the wall and have a different paint color inside to highlight everything. Until then, glue dots and mini nails are my best friend!

1 comment:

Ashley and Devan said...

Way to go Brax! I can't believe he stayed in his bed. He sure is growing up.
I Love Carter's bed, it looks super nice. And the wall of greatness.. that is so cute. I love those boys.