Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day 2011...

St. Patrick's Day has always been widely celebrated in my house growing up...now that I'm a mom, I truly get how fun it is! Having both boys be so independent and able to do so much...I really had to step up my game this year.

Carter made a leprechaun catcher at preschool, and showed it off to Brax as soon as he got home. While the big boy was school, the little man and I got to work on our "Green Surprise!"
My mom got me the giant cupcake mold for Christmas...and I've been waiting for a great excuse to try it out.
This is my masterpiece (can you see why I don't decorate cakes for a living?)
I wanted to make this extra special, so we "hid" gold frosting in the middle. When Carter got home I told him all about leprechauns and finding gold....when I cut into the cake this is what we found....GOLD!
Carter thought it was pretty cool! I have to say, for only using what I had on hand...it all turned out great!
For dinner we're having leprechaun sized pasta....
They're mini stars...it's super cute and very quick!
I hope everyone is having a great St. Patrick's Day!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I love the cupcake! That is so fun! WHY oh WHY don't we get to celebrate these fun little holidays together with our boys???

PS: I showed Hunter Carter's Do not Pinch shirt, and he thought that was pretty funny. Miss you

Rachael said...

What fun, and so... cute! Love the idea for dinner.

Heather said...

You're so creative! Your boys are lucky to have such an awesome mom!