Friday, March 4, 2011

Updates....it's been awhile...

It seems like life gets away from me more and more lately. We've been in a steady routine for our family, not that it's really steady ever for us. But for the Morris Family, we've been accomplishing the things that we've wanted to over the past few weeks.

I've been spending more time hanging out with my friends, and the boys get to see their friends more because of this. I've always been the type of mom to put my boys first...even to the point of being harmful to me because I NEVER seem to get a break. Once I started back to work, I took it upon myself to still do everything that I was while at home, but added full time work to it....this can really take its toll. So, to help with this I've made it a priority to have more fun doing things that I truly enjoy...like being with my friends.
I've been neglecting my sisterly duties as well...so when I found out that my little sis was going to a dance...I couldn't have spent my night any other way than helping get her ready! And what a cute girl she cleans up to be!

Carter has been growing up so fast! He is becoming smarter by the day..I swear one day that boy is going to be smarter than Scott and I put together! He LOVES his preschool, has begun reading short books and writes so well now. (He's a lefty so I totally cut him slack) I have been having so much fun exploring things with him lately, we've even been able to go out just the two of us. (This is something I would highly recommend to any mom of multiple kids)
One big change that Carter is making, is his NEW BED! This little guy is getting his very own full-size bed delivered tomorrow! Braxton needs to be out of his crib (he's 19 months!) so Brax will get Carter's twin bed right now, and Carter will get a full size bed that's actually the crib! It's one of those convertible cribs, so it's now evolving with our fam!
I just love my little man...and can't wait to see what the future holds for him!

Braxton is such a unique child! This little boy knows what he wants and will do what it takes to get it. He is such a happy and chill boy...until you tell him "no." He's been climbing on everything, imitating EVERYTHING you do, and learning to work the remote control all by himself.

He's becoming a big boy more and more each day too! It's time to move him into a real bed (seriously he's way to old to be in a crib anymore) so this weekend he'll get a twin bed (from his big brother) and hopefully learn to stay....we'll see.

He's also made headway in the binkie department! That's right folks I can FINALLY throw away the pacifiers FOREVER!!!!!! This is a picture you won't see again...

There will be plenty to post about once the new bed arrives and the furniture get moved around, yet again. (I just can't make up my mind!) So stay tuned....

No comments: