Saturday, May 16, 2009

Being a Mommy...Soon of Two...

Lately I've been in the "get 'er done" mode because our new arrival is coming shortly. Our "to-do" list before the baby has been getting bigger and bigger...and our time is getting shorter and shorter. But, it's when things get really crazy for us that it forces us to take a step back and reprioritize. We have really been focusing on spending a ton of one-on-one with Carter lately and it's been great!
It's a little sad, but so exciting to think that this past Mother's Day would be the last one with only one little boy. I have done so many things in my life (and they all started at a young age) but being Carter's mommy has been, by far, the best job ever! I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Today, my family took Carter and I to our first-ever Jousting Contest! In North Ogden they were having a Renaissance Fair and we had a BLAST! Carter had never seen men in ful-body armour before riding on horses. It was such a fun experience!

Here's the gang watching the show!

In baby news: Our little guy is already 4 pounds 5 ounces! So for sure he's going to be bigger than Carter was, but everything seems to be going as planned. This time around things are so easy, though I am sick more, the pregnancy part is great! My belly keeps growing everyday, along with other parts of my body too. (That part isn't the greatest, but what can you do?)

We are just doing the day to day things, spending time with Carter and getting everything we want done before our second little boy arrives.

1 comment:

Janae said...

You are looking cute with your big belly! That Renaissance fair looks fun. I didn't know they did anything like that. pretty cool.