Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Reflections....

So my prego hormones are totally getting to me lately...not really in the "psycho" way, in the "reflecting" wFont sizeay. I think constantly about what it's going to be like with TWO kids, I wonder what Carter is going to do, I can't wait to see what this little baby looks like, and I can't believe how much has happened in my life already!


My dad had us all over for a nice, relaxing BBQ on Sunday. It was just what our little fam needed. Who wouldn't be happy with some good (free) grillin', non-alcoholic margaritas, and a some good ol' fashioned family time in Syracuse right?

What's really cool is there is this "nature park" in Syracuse where you can fish, walk, ride
or just enjoy the nice weather we're having. We love coming here because there's alot to look at and do, and Carter just loves seeing the pelicans "ski" across the water. (Don't mind Scott's goofy grin....he's never been great in pictures.)

Carter has this bike at my family's house that he loves to ride on, mostly because we push him around and all the little guy has to do is steer. (He's not really that great at that part though) It's times like these that really help Scott and I take a step back and realize what life is all about. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day things (like preparing for a new baby) but when we have family time like this and really just enjoy being together...it makes everything better.


Another thing that got me thinking about how much has happened over the last couple of years is Carter's cute friend, Hunter, came over to play. Carter and Hunter have a special relationship because Ashley, Hunter's mom, watched Carter for me while I worked. He would go over to their house about twice a week for about 10 months. So the boys practically grew up friends.
The most amazing part, is that now that the two boys can run around, talk and play with each other, they really have such a great time. They do so well together and really feel so comfortable with each other. Ashley and I love seeing how they play. It's amazing to me that Carter was not quite a year old when he became friends with Hunter, and now he'll be three years old in a matter of months! CRAZY!

They are such cute friends and now that I'm home and they live closer to us, it's so much easier for us to get the boys together.
The last few weeks have been great...I've been getting things accomplished, making headway with Carter with disciplining, and just getting excited for this new baby boy to arrive. Being emotional (which I'm usually pretty level headed) has made me think about the things that we've done and gone through over the past few years...it's amazing (and a little stressful) and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I know what you mean about looking at life and what we've accomplished. Although I not at the emotional stand point you are at, I still got that way last night while I was watching "Benjamin Button". It was such a good movie, and really made me realize that life is short and we need to make the best of it. So no more rolling my eyes when I feel like I"m the one putting Rylan to bed every night...instead I should be happy that I'm able to put my little boy to bed every single night. If that makes any sense.

So when is your actual due date now? I'm so excited for you, and too can't wait to see what he looks like!! Carter's going to be the best big bro!

Ashley and Devan said...

I started reflecting a lot before Brinley was born.. and it hasn't stopped yet. Every day I think about my kids getting older and it makes me sad. I can't wait to meet your little boy though. I am excited to see if he looks like Carter or if he's totally different.
We had so much fun with you guys. Hunter loves Carter so much. You guys are a blast! Lets plan something next week.