Sunday, May 17, 2009

Our version of Camping...

So, for those that don't know, I'm not the "outdoorsy" type of person. I really try and though I don't hate it when we go up in the mountains or camping, I would much rather be in a hotel room ordering room service and watching movies and taking a bubble bath. But I married an avid "outdoorsy" type of guy, so I really try to enjoy it more now. And I have noticed that Carter just adores being outside and going off-road up in the mountains. (So what do you do when you're outnumbered?)

GIVE IN! (or in my case, COMPROMISE!)
We bought a cute little firepit, marshmallows and found some sticks and had a blast in our own backyard! Scott had to use some "boy scout water" to make the fire really blaze, but I have to admit the marshmallow roasting was AMAZING! Carter takes after me and loves marshmallows, so this was a special treat for him as well.
We've also discovered that we have the PERFECT backyard for water sliding! Though Scott has hated mowing our "terraced" backyard for the past three years, it's really a great yard for Carter to play in. And the water slide is no exeption.
We finally had to drag the little man inside when his lips started turning purple. But he was loving every minute of it!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Christie you such a great mom with all your cute ideas! Sorry I've been out of touch lately...I think I know what you mean about a list of things that need to get done, I'm right there with ya, although I'm not pregnant! :) Looks like you're still getting family time in which is good...I need to work on that!

Andrea said...

Girl...you KNOW I am with you on the hotel thing. But I also thinking camping outdoors can be so fun too. Who doesn't love to roast marshmallows by a fire. The water slide is sweet. Looks like that will be something we will be doing this summer.