Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Braxton is Finally Here!

Our little man has arrived! Scott and I couldn't be more thrilled with everything!
I was induced on Monday morning at 5:30 in the morning and apparently I like to drag everything out....so little Baby Braxton wasn't born until 1:37 in the afternoon! But he is so worth the wait....
Our sweet man weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces and is 20 1/2 inches long! He's such a sweet little guy...it's hard to believe that Carter was ever that little.

During the delivery the room was filled with my mom, sister Julia, Scott's mom and of course Scott! It was such a fun, emotional and inspiring time for all of us!
Here are the new grandmas!
And of course you have to add a close-up of the new addtition to the Morris household!
Braxton James Morris
aka Baby Baxton (courtesy of Carter)
My sister came to the hospital with me and Scott at 5:30 that morning and was such an added bonus to have around with Scott. She was really great because she'd let me squeeze her hand during the contractions and also talked me through the epidural....gotta love this girl!
She also adores Carter, so when he came to meet his new baby brother she of course had to share her love of wheelchairs with him! Pretty sure he's enjoying himself!
Here are our two boys! It's so amazing how much our lives have changed in the last 24 hours. We are now a family of four. When I go anywhere it's not "Christie and Carter are coming" it's going to be "Christie and the boys are coming!"
I am truly grateful for everything in my life! This delivery was absolutely wonderful, Braxton is a good little "nurser" and is such an easy little man so far!

6 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

Congratulations you guys! He is so cute! I am glad that he is nursing well.. that is awesome! He's going to be a tall boy! I can't wait to hold him so let me know when you are up for having some visitors!

Jackie said...

YAY, you're a mom of two now! That's exciting, I can't wait to see little Braxton! I bet Carter is feeling pretty proud to be an older brother!

juju said...

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! i still can't beleive we have two(shut up you know hwat i mean).
and i love how you mentioned me being there at 5 really really we all know i wasn't gonna miss my ANYTHING to do with my baby even at 5 in the morning!

Kiera said...

He is beautiful!!! We will need to come out and see him one day.

Jessica said...

He is a cutie! Congrats and I'm happy that everything worked out so well! Good luck with two kids it has been a little crazy at my house these past few weeks!

Janae said...

Congrats! He is adorable. I can't wait to meet the little guy. Did you get the message I left you? I'd love to come bring you dinner and a gift for the little one.