Sunday, July 12, 2009

Our Last Weekend as a Family of 3!

This weekend is bittersweet for our little family. Scott and I adore our little Carter and love being a family of three but are also super excited to introduce another member to our family.
To my amazement, Scott had Friday and Saturday off this weekend...which worked out perfectly because we all got some quality time to spend together for our last weekend as a family of 3!
Carter's friend Hunter had his third birthday party yesterday and I can't even tell you how excited Carter was to go! He kept talking about eating Hunter's Birthday cake all day! THey are such great friends, it's so fun to see them grow up together.
Carter even got his first chance at hitting a pinata! (Don't mind my gigantic self in the picture!)
Scott has been teaching Carter all about fishing...and the little guy even has his own Lighting McQueen Fishing Rod! But every time we go somewhere to fish, we haven't had any luck catching anything. So Scott decided it was time to try out a fish famr so that Carter would finally get to catch something for sure!

All I have to say it was way more fun than I thought!
Carter loved it!
And, we all know I'm not the world's greatest cook. I get the job done, but it's usually nothing to get excited about. But I do have to admit, I made an AMAZING dinner the other night! And it was way easy! I like to call it the Pizza Bread Twist!
It was so easy so if anyone want the recipe let me know!
And of course you know I had to have some kind of craft project this weekend too. Carter has this elephant (he actually got it from my firend Rachel for his baby shower before he was born) and now they are connected at the hip. He has to sleep with her, she has to come with us in the car and they even have full conversations!
Anyway, I saw this little bed at Savers and couldn't pass it up!
Here is the end result!
Carter enjoyed painting it himself too!
This is what it looked like before....with a little Lysol, TLC and paint it turned out great!
Overall, it's been a great weekend. Carter will spend the night at my mom's tonight and bright and early tomorrow morning Scott and I will get up and head to the hospital. Little Braxton is arriving sometime tomorrow! I can't wait!!
More pictures of everything tomorrow...

3 comments:

Ashley said...

You're such a great mom, finding a bed for his buddy! Good luck tomorrow...can't wait to see the little guy!!

Ashley and Devan said...

Thanks for coming to Hunter's party. We love you guys!
You'll have to give me a tutorial on how to make the pizza bread loaf in a few weeks.
And good luck tomorrow!! Call us when Braxton arrives and let us know all about him. Can't wait!

Andrea said...

YES please! Send me the recipe on your pizza roll. My kids would dig that.

Those pics of Carter and Scotty fishing are so cute. I am glad you got to spend a fun weekend together before the excitement hits tomorrow!! I will have my phone by my side all day long awaiting the good news. Love you! And good luck with everything.