Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ahh...Summer Time!

So, I'm still pregnant everyone! :) I haven't been doing as well as I'd like the past few days...and with a 2 1/2 year old that makes life a lot harder. So Scott has been making sure that he has lots of things planned to do with Carter so that I can rest. My boys (Scott and Carter) are so cute together...Carter could not be more of a "mini Scott" than he already is!
My family knows a guy (Jim) that has lots of land in Idaho with so many things to do....and Scott made the drive up there and spent the entire day with our little guy. There was fishing, 4wheeling, camping, hiking, tubing down the river, and Scott's absolutel favortie part.....the antique cars!
Jim has an amazing collection of every vintage car imaginable! Scott was in heaven...which naturally means that Carter was getting a kick out of everything too! They has sucha great time riding in the old cars, checking out everything he had and just being somewhere without a complaining mom and wife! :)

Summer is my absolute favorite part of the year! This is one of the many reasons for that....
Yesterday for the Fourth of July we had a great relaxing time roasting marshmallows and making s'mores before we headed out front for a firework show.
I thought I'd add this picture because I can guarantee I will never look like this on the Fourth of July again! My belly gets bigger and bigger everyday! I'm not sure how much longer I can last...
During the day yesterday, I decided it was time to actually be a part of our family...so we all went to a car show in Logan. Apparantly it's the biggest car show in Utah! Carter and Scott of course were loving it! It was such a nice day, the weather was nice and there were plenty of trees for shade. This is my two boys in front of their favorite car...a Corvette.
We have been spending time outside (up in the mountains where it's cooler) because we know how hard it's going to be when little Braxton arrives....and Carter has been loving it.
Scott and Carter "shoot" guns, collect rocks and check out everything while I sit on chubby bum and relax. It's really funny because Carter has a nail gun that he got for Christmas with his other tools, and he brings that along to "Shoot" while Scott actually has his real guns.

It's been a lot of fun hanging out and watching our little Carter grow up each day! It seems like everyday he changes a little bit and this is definitely keeping us on our toes!
Look how cute my two boys are....
This time with the threesome family won't last very long. I'm at a four now and in a couple days go back for a check up. If I don't go into labor on my own....July 13 is my induction date! So, despite the swelling, nausea, weight gain, pains, contractions and fatigue I know that in 8 days I won't be pregnant anymore. We'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

You are so close!!! I can't wait to meet Braxton. Hang in there girly! And, you should let me come and get Carter this week and bring him to my house to play. I really want to return the Kangaroo Zoo favor! Besides, Hunter is missing Carter like crazy. Only seven days girl..(but I bet it'll be sooner) Yay!!!

Steve said...

Hey guys we sure missed you this fourth of July...it looks like you had a good time...we can't wait to see you in a few months!

Andrea said...

Oh it will definitely be sooner than later. Bring on the stairs and jumping jacks. We can't wait to meet our newest little nephew. Hang in there. And like you said you definitely WON'T be pregnant next week! Love ya.

PS: Cute 4th of July pics.