Sunday, January 17, 2010

Changes....

Our lives have been full of changes lately...and surprisingly things have been getting better by the day for our little family. We have been through so much over the past few months, and it's really made us refocus our goals and priorities to what really matters in life...our FAMILY!
Our sweet little Brax has officially moved into his own crib in his own room. I will say it was really hard to put him to sleep that first night away from me...but it's been great and the little guy sleeps through the night now! He is so happy when he wakes up and truly LOVES life!
He's so cute in his crib, but I know it won't last long (Carter was only his crib until about 11 months!)
Another change is that Scott and I have finally been able to go on a date! The last time we went out on a date was before we had Brax! It was so nice to really talk, focus and be able to share stories with each other! (thanks mom for watching the boys!)
Carter has had a change too, our little man is now a Sunbeam! He absolutely LOVES primary and the best part is that he truly wants to go by himself. Scott drops him off and he just walks right in. Church is becoming one of my favorite times for us...Scott drops off Carter at Primary and then takes Brax to Priesthood with him...it's my "alone" time and I LOVE IT!
The other amazing thing is that Carter has been saying his own prayers at night now. Every night since he was about a year we've always said prayers with him, but now the little guy likes to say his own prayers, it usually goes a little something like this,
"Heavenly Father, thank you for my Ellie (his elephant) and my family. Thank you for the Missionaries, say these things Jesus name Amen."
It's the cutest thing ever!
I love having two boys, Scott and I have been having so much fun spending time together. Our boys are so happy and are so much fun to take places, I can't wait to see what the future has in store for us.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

It's sad putting your baby in their own room for the 1st night, but I'm glad he's doing so well! I'm glad that my bassinet helped you out for so long! :)

Andrea said...

I as so glad you and Scotty got to go out on a real date!! You both look so happy in that picture. And Carter's sweet little prayer makes me want to just hive him a great big hug and kiss. I just love my funny little nephew. I am glad to hear that he blesses Ellie too.