Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Winter Fest with Grandpa Steve...Boondocks with Daddy!

My dad had a long weekend last weekend....so what better way to spend it than with the grandkids right?
I have to say, Weber County puts on some amazing events for the family...and the best part is they're free! Ogden had their very first Winter Fest this last weekend and I'm so glad my dad and I took the boys because it was a BLAST!
There were snowmobile races, horses pulling skiers up and down 25th Street (they blocked off the whole street and piled it high with snow) There were so many things for the kids to do and make (thanks to Home Depot) it was just a great event!
I know my dad's still a young grandpa (45 to be exact) but every time the two of us take the boys anywhere everyone assumes he's my husband! Come on now, there's almost a 21 year difference between us! We've gotten used to it and just go with the flow now though.
Brax loved being outside, here's the little man in his snowsuit...
Carter and I hit up all of the booths to get our "freebies" and can I just tell you...we walked away with some really cool things! Carter's favorite place was this little house...It was a great time, decent weather and really just fun experiencing different things!
That night when Scott got home from work we took the kids to Boondocks. I've been there a few times now with the boys but Scott had never been with us...there is an entire outside area we've never been to...They have bumper boats, race cars, mini golf, you name it! Brax and I waited by the race track while Scott and Carter drove around in the cars!
Here they go....
I didn't get great pics of them driving. (The lighting was hard) The great thing about Boondocks is that you can be 36 inches tall and be a passenger in the cars and bumper boats...you don't find that in many places! Overall, I'd say we had a great time!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

WOW sounds like a fun time!! I didn't even know they were doing that. Cute pictures, and that's so funny about your dad being mistaken for your husband...he does look young. Everyone thinks my mom and I are sisters!

Btw...did you dye your hair?? I think you look good!

Ashley and Devan said...

First things first.. Your Hair!!! I love the red! I can't wait to see it on Saturday. You funny girl, you didn't even tell me you were going red!
How fun at the winterfest. So funny that people mistake your Dad for your husband. Lol!