Monday, January 10, 2011

Memories, Changes, Traditions...it's the New Year!

2011 has proven to be a time for changes for our little family. I finally feel like things are slowly getting back to "normal" for us.
I am working less hours, so that allows me to spend more time with the boys. It's been hard leaving them so much...I can't wait to be a "fun" mom again.
Scott and I have been going through the house lately and really getting rid of things that we no longer need. (To be honest, most of the stuff we've gotten rid of we didn't even need in the first place) Part of our "winter cleaning" was moving Braxton upstairs into the "playroom." I've wanted the two boys on the same floor forever now, so I'm super excited now that's done!
He LOVES his new room...
Carter has been working hard on his writing skills. My little guy is a lefty, so that makes things a little harder on him. I'm a lefty too, so I've been working with him on holding his pencil/crayon and he's progressing so much! He got a new TV tray to work on his school work, eat breakfast in the living room, etc...and he's been loving it!
Our little Brax is now a member of Junior Nursery! We have too many kids in our ward so we have to split up the Nursery by age. Now our Sundays go a lot smoother. Scott has been going into Nursery with Braxton to get him used to it. I peeked in and saw both of my "boys" sitting on their carpet squares singing the songs together. PRECIOUS!
The other night, Scott and I got the boys in their matching PJs and took them to the Layton lights. It was a fun activity to do, and we all got stay nice and warm. There happened to be an Elephant made out of lights....guess who loved that?
The boys had so much fun watching the lights and what they made. I'm glad we went!
I'm excited to have the memories that we're making with our boys, I'm thrilled with the changes taking place in our family, and can't wait to keep our own traditions going...

No comments: