Saturday, January 29, 2011

St. George...

Scott and I got the amazing opportunity last weekend to go to St. George and get trained to become NAMI Teachers. Both Scott and I have taken the National Alliance for Mental Illness classes and participate in the group sessions, now we've made it a goal of ours to progress into teachers.
Scott and I haven't left the boys ever! The last time we've gone anywhere without them was when Carter was about 2. So this was a special treat for us!
I'm really proud of Scott (and myself) for how far we've come. Now that things are under control in our lives, we're determined to make a difference in someone else's. So, it was off to Sunny St. George for the weekend of training.
My mom watched the boys while Scott and I drove the 5 hours drive there, NAMI paid for our hotel and food, so it was just cheap gas and a few goodies that we had to come up with.
Though I was hoping for this to be our mini vacation, we really were stuck in the conference training ALL weekend. It was 9 hours on Friday, 11 hours on Sat and about 6 hours on Sunday. So pretty much we just enjoyed having dinner with each other (being able to talk without food being thrown everyhwere) and staying up late watching movies in our hotel room.
We did make one important stop though, we got out of class on Sat around 7 and drove by the St. George Temple. Breathtaking...especially at night. What a gorgeous sight....

Though it was a long weekend of training, driving and information overload....it was so nice to come home to the boys. I really missed them....I won't be going anywhere else anytime soon without them.
We took them to Smith and Edwards the other day...and I found the coolest thing! It's a corn cob, or so it appears.....
The boys examined it, and we put it in the bag, microwaved it for 3 minutes and....
POPCORN! The corn literaly popped right off the cob! Such a fun "winter activity" and it only cost $1.

1 comment:

Ashley and Devan said...

I totally forgot to ask you about your trip when we talked the other day. Sorry! You guys will make AMAZING Nami teachers. Maybe we will join Nami so you can be our teacher : ) I love you guys!