Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine's Events....

February is one of my favorite months...for one big reason Valentine's Day. Really I celebrate this holiday all month long with my three boys (Scott included)
We do lots of "heart," "red," and "loving" things throughout the month....stay posted!
Tonight, we had our Family Movie Night and ate heart-shaped quesadillas (and our favorite french bread) while we all watched our family movie.
I scored some FREE Krispie Kreme Valentine coupons...so Scott and I took the boys there for their free doughnuts. I haven't been to here in about 8 years, but I have to say it was a really fun activity for us to do with the boys. Brax and Carter had such a great time watching how the doughnuts were made and the process they go through.

The end result was SWEET....
This was Brax's very first Krispie Kreme doughnut....pretty sure he LOVED it!
This week we also made Carter's Valentine's to give out at school....this holiday tradition has grown to become something HUGE in our home! IT's really cut-throat out there when it comes to what your kid is giving for Valentine's.
This year we made these adorable bags that said, "You're the cutest friend on the 'block' I 'donut" lie.
Carter decorated these foam blocks with all sorts of things...
And then every bag got a free donut coupon as well....super cute!
Like I said before, keep checking back for more!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

First....I love Carter's valentines he made. What a cute idea. I still haven't figured out what we are making for H and T's valentines this year. And those Krispy Kremes looked delicious. Yum! I love Valentines Day too. I wished we lived closer...
And if we can swing it, we would most definitely want to try and make it to UT this summer in time for Braxton's bday! I am sure it will be quite the bash!

Ashley and Devan said...

I love the way the Valentines turned out, really really super cute!
I am going to steal the quesadilla idea, love the heart shape.

Thank you so much for coming to Brin's little get together. You are the best friend. I think the kids had a ton of fun together. We love you guys and I really cherish your friendship!