Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Carter's New Room!

Our little guy has officially moved into his new room...which happens to be upstairs and our bedroom is downstairs...so it's a little weird for me to have him on a separate floor than me. (I know I'll get used to it, but it's going to be a little while)

I was so excited to paint his furniture, make the curtains and get the fun accessories needed to make it a fun bedroom for the little guy. It was hard for Scott to see my "vision" while the furniture was brown, the walls were bare and nothing was colorful or fun....but when he came home today I'm proud to announce that he was so impressed with the outcome!
Here is a shot of the room without anything but the plain white furniture....

And here I've "Christie-ized" it to make it a fun bedroom that Carter will enjoy being in. (It's definitely NOT lacking in the color department.)

Here is the desk and hutch...again just plain and simple.....

And of course the fun outcome!

It was a lot of work to get this room set but I have to say now that it's all "said and done" I'm so happy with it! Carter went from a really small bedroom with no closet, just a mattress and box spring on the floor, and no toys; to a room with more storage and space than we know what do with! He has done so well with the transition...not fighting nap time or bedtime yet...so I think he's liking it!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

WOW!!!!! Christie that room looks GREAT! I can't believe how different the furniture looks! I'm so happy that it turned out great and that Carter is seeming to like his new room! I can't believe you did all that alone and pregnant! Looks great!

Andrea said...

Oh Christie....that turned out AWESOME!! Wow you really did put a ton of work into that room. I love all of the bright colors. The white furniture turned out really well. GOOD JOB!!

Ashley and Devan said...

Carter's room looks great. You did a really cute job!!