Saturday, February 7, 2009

Projects....Family Fun!

With my "ever-growing" belly, it's beginning to hit me that this little guy is coming in 5 short months! And before he gets here, there are a billion things I need to get done! Here are my main things to do within the next two months:

1. Potty Train Carter...I am NOT having two in diapers! And he's so old enough now to be potty trained. I've only really just introduced the whole the idea to him, we have had a few successes but until I really devote a three or four day stretch to just potty training I don't think it will be complete. (which I'm cool with right now) It's actually a fun experience with my little guy!

2. Move Carter to the upstairs bedroom. Though this may sound like an easy task of just moving furniture...it's not! I have to paint his furniture that's going in his new room first, move the current things in that bedroom downstairs and rearrange a few rooms now.
You know I'm a "bargain" shopper and my cute friend Jackie was getting rid of a bedroom set they've had for years...so I jumped on the opportunity and now am making it my own! Carter is going to have a new dresser, desk, hutch, night stand and captain's bed! He's turning into a BOY! Here are some before and after shots

It's not quite done yet, but all the pieces look so good...Jackie might come over and be jealous! :)

I have heard about this Kangaroo Zoo from so many people, so when Scott said he didn't have to work on Saturday...I was so excited to do something as a family on a Friday night! We headed to North Salt Lake with low expectations...and arrived, paid $5 for all of us, and had a BLAST! Carter didn't want to leave! It was so much fun, Scott got some really great shots of us...

After our time at Kangaroo Zoo we ended the night with a trip to Texas Roadhouse...one of my favorite places ever! Carter absolutely loves when the servers come over and dance in a line...last night he decided to join them....it's not the greatest shot but he loved it!

It was such a fun time...it's a nice treat to have Scott spend a Friday night with us and have some good quality family time!

Soon he will be changing shifts and going to "swings" so I'm going to have to give up these nights with him! I'm not looking forward to it, but if he can work with a better group of guys, get paid more and be able to function better (now that he won't have to wake up at 3am) then it's all worth it!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Things are just moving right along. It's crazy to think how time flies! That looked like a great family night out, we'll have to go to that Kangaroo Zoo something all together!

Janae said...

your belly looks so cute. I haven't seen you with your baby bump yet. Good luck with the potty training and moving bedrooms!