Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Morris' Valentine Edition....

Things have been so busy for our little fam lately! Valentine's Day was such a great treat for Scott and myself....we got the rare chance to visit the Alaskan Inn on Friday night. My mom watched Carter so Scott and I could get some much needed R&R. We actually haven't been to the Alaskan Inn since our wedding almost 3 years ago...so it really was a special time for us.
We try to do "meaningful" gifts on holidays like this for obvious reasons...this Valentine's Day it was all about our family.....Scott got this for me for two reasons: 1. He said it reminded him of our lil- family of three when Carter was first born. 2. Because it gets him thinking about our next addition to the family.

I got this one for Scott because he is such a great dad. He hasn't had the easiest time in life and it amazes me everyday how well he does as a father. I can't wait to see him with two boys!
Today was Scott's first day working his new hours. It was so nice having him home this morning to help with things...I actually ran some errands without the little guy! I know this change is something that will be a good thing for our family, but not having home at night is going to take a little while to get used to for me.
Don't think Carter and I were bored without him though.....we played "hide and seek," had soy ice cream cones, and watched the Letter Factory about 3 times! This is Carter's newest thing.....
He loves to "hide" in his hamper...and this is what it looks like when I "find" him....

What a little goof I have on my hands! He is so fun, keeps me busy and really makes our lives complete.

Last night was a little scary for Scott and I because I couldn't feel the baby move at all. I know that sounds really paranoid...but he has been bouncing around for the last three weeks....everyday I have felt him but for some reason I couldn't feel him at all yesterday or the day before. So poor Aunt Machel (my doctor) met me at the clinic at 9pm last night to check on the little baby.

Good news...everything is fine. He is actually breech right now so I can't feel as much and he's really low (which is so not comfortable) so things are not the same as they were a few days ago. I'm so relieved though..I knew I would just stay awake and stress if I didn't get the little guy checked out. I'm so glad that Scott's aunt is such a caring, professional and cmopassionate person...it makes the whole pregancy experience better!

4 comments:

The Benoits said...

oh, I am so glad that everything checked out ok with the little one. I love the Alaskan Inn too! Brandon and I went there on our wedding night as well, how fun to go back there!

Janae said...

I'm glad you had a good Valentine's Day and that everything is good with your little one! And I don't blame you for checking it out at all, I am always Very paranoid with my pregnancies. :)

Jessica said...

I'm glad your little one is okay! How exciting that your having another boy that will be so much fun for Carter! Carter's new room is so cute. I need to get going on decorating Ava's room so I can get the nursery up and running.

Jackie said...

I was always paranoid about not feeling Rylan move all day evey night I would poke my stomach until he roll or do something. I'm glad he's ok, have you thought of any names???? You and Megan both posted about your boys getting into the hampers on the same week....must be a growing stage for two year olds!! LOL I'm glad your V-day was perfect!!