Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Carter's Big News!

Carter has some really big news everyone....he's just about 90% potty trained!
I haven't really posted a lot about this...but I really have tried numerous "methods" with him over the past 6 months and have come to a brick wall each time...this time is so different and I'm so happy to announce that it's WORKING!!
My little man will start preschool soon and has to be potty trained by then, so not only is he motivated to be a big boy, but I'm motivated to make sure he starts preschool.
He has been doing so well, he goes in the bathroom all by himself, gets his stool and potty "insert" and goes #1 and #2 whenever he feels he has to! I am so proud, relieved and excited for this milestone in our lives right now. I'm so amazed at how quickly he's picked up on everything and how excited he gets when things work out...I'll keep you posted on when he gets 100% trained!

4 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

Yay Carter! I am SO PROUD of him.. and you. Way to go. Does this mean we get to come over and ride a new power wheels soon?

Jackie said...

I'm happy that he's getting the hang of it!! Sounds like you guys have been pretty busy, I love all your posts and all your pictures. I really need to see you, so maybe I'll have to stop by sometime. Your boys are adorable!

juju said...

tooooooooooo cute!!! i still can't beleive how big he is, it seems like yesterday i was holding and got spit up all over me, ;-) just kidding. our boys are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JaNae Wales said...

Way to go Carter!!! Maybe he can share some of his potty-trained wisdom with his little cousin Rylee. :)