Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Another Birthday and the Morris' Latest Happenings!

Today we celebrated another birthday in the Morris Household....TIMMY'S! Our little Timmy turned two today! It's really hard to believe that he's been part of our family for almost two years!
Scott and I brought him home when he was only 6 weeks old, and man was he little! Though he's definitely Scott's dog by far, there's a special place in my heart for this little K-9.
As you may know, our dog (probably the only one in the world) is alergic to meat products. That's right, he's another "wacked" member of our family! Between the vegetarian dog food and meat free treats, he was really running up a HUGE tab. So I found a recipe for meat-free treats! I'm proud to say that he loves them too!
For his birthday though, I wanted to do something really fun and special so after hours of research online about "puppy cakes and frosting" here's what I came up with....
Surprisingly, Timmy went tot own on his "dog-friendly" cake!
Here's a fun shot of Carter getting in on the action too!
And of course one of my three boys....
He really liked it! Scott and I were really excited to see how funny it was to watch Timmy "go to town."
Lately Carter has been obsessed with water. Well, the winter time absolutely throws a damper on his plans of swimming and playing in the water. Earlier this week I came up with this "brilliant" idea....Carter (fully dressed) gets in the tub and plays with his toys. I don't fill the tub, I just leave the water running a little so he can keep filling the big bowl.
If anyone needs a fun and different idea of what to do with your kids in your house I highly recommend this. It's so fun for Carter and seriously a "no-mess" activity for him!
Here's one of him just being his goofy little self!
I just had my first check up today to see how the baby's growing and developing. Everything is fine so far and yes I'm already getting a gut. It's not a "prego" one, it just looks like I ate too much at the buffet right now....but it's fun this time around to be getting bigger! I'm almost 9 weeks along and am at 126 so far...so we'll see how this goes this time.
I also found out that I have a cyst that about the size of a baseball that's causing alot of my discomfort, so at least we know I'm not a total "baby" complaining about my weird pains right? But I am thoroughly enjoying having my own schedule right now! I love not having to go to work and worry about a million other things!
And Scotty has been "roped" into playing more and more with Carter. Carter absolutely LOVES to play with him and begs to have him sit in his playroom and do things with him. Carter asks every morning when daddy's coming home.
This is Carter's favorite thing to do with Scott!
He's not really sitting on the car, but Carter won't have it any other way!
Our little fam is getting ready for Christmas, I love the snow and the Christmas lights everywhere! We're just so excited for Santa to come....Carter's getting an idea of what it's all about...not fully, but he does understand a little bit now.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Timmy! Thats so cute you made him his own bday cake.

I can't believe you have a cyst Christie! No wonder you have felt so crappy. At least you are in good hands with Machel. I am so glad you don't have to work anymore. I bet Carter just loves having his mommy home all day.

2 for 1 deal huh??? Really Christie you didn't have to do all that. Do you realize I haven't had to pay for my own foundation for over a year now???? WHat an AWESOME sis-in-law I have! Thank you Thank you! Love ya

Jackie said...

I can't believe you have a cyst either! I'm sorry I hope they can do something about that to make you feel better! I'm glad that baby is looking good.

What a cute family, celebrating the dog's birthday! You really do go all out for everything! You're such a fun mom. I'm glad you're enjoying being home, we'll have to get together sometime.

juju said...

what happened to my baby ;-( :-( ;-( :-( :-(:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :(:-( he growing nice cake by the way you should like have a craft mommy kids driving you crazy this is what you do show sory about the cyst that totally blows sorry oh and andrea she was my sis first so back off she's mine ;-) love ya cute cake by the way

Crystal said...

LOL @ letting the dog eat cake! That is just so dang cute. So, this is Crissy, Your mom's neighbor. I posted some pics of Carter that I took on Thanksgiving day. He's so funny and so, so adorable with those big blue eyes.

My blog address is

chocolatevanillatwist.blogspot.com

If you click on the picture it should go big and then you can right click it and save it to your computer.