Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008...Hello 2009!

We are so ready to ring in the New Year around here! I can't believe that in a few hours it's going to be 2009! I am so excited...I love New Year's because it brings hope and promises for the future!
As a recap of our little man (for the sake of saying goodbye to 2008) he is truly progressing at an amazing pace! He is really into pretending right now. Lately his favorite pretend game has been to play "daddy and baby." Carter absolutely LOVES this doll (it used to be Scott's back in the day) and takes really good care of it.
Here are the two boys getting out of the bath...
To celebrate the New Year Scott and I thought it would be fun to just hang out as the three of us tonight. So we headed for Red Robin (compliments of our bro and sis in Iowa) and Carter's favorite thing was the video games while we waited. The entire time we were eating he kept asking to be taken back there to drive again!
Lastly, since this is my "journal" I wanted to list a few things Carter can say and do right now.
1. He can say and point out almost every color (the regular ones) and is usually right
2. he can say and point out about three shapes right now
3. He has about 12 letters down pat now (saying and recognizing)
4. He also uses adjectives with everything he says
5. He usually speaks in full sentences right now (Scott and I say that we can really carry on a conversation with him!)
6. He uses first names with grandparents now (He also calls me Christie and Scott is Scotty, and he refers to himself as "goodie"....don't ask!)

We are so proud of him and are so excited to see what the new year has in store for the Morris'!

This is our little man with his googles rocking out on his bike!
I can't believe that in a little over 6 months we'll be bringing a new little one home with us! I'm so excited to be a mom of two. Now that I'm officially a "stay-at-home" mom I am LOVING my life and everything I get to now be a part of!

4 comments:

juju said...

ahhhh are you poud FIRST comment TWICE IN A ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and carter (my bad goodie and by the way its gudie cause he's refering to himself as a cutie so there for its gudie duhhhhh jk love you)was so cute he's gonna be a good brig brother (untill sean gets to him jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjk)

Andrea said...

Don't be getting too cocky there Julia! You won't be the first THREE times in a row I can promise you that!!! haha

Happy New Year!! I love Carter in his new little vest. I am glad you had a fun time celebrating.
2009.....wow where did the time go???

Mrs. Gonter said...

Very very cute! Sounds like you guys had fun :] lovee the pic of Carter and his baby. I will post a new blog soon. I'm off work today!(I passed my math class by the way :]) Happy 2009!!!!!!!! :]

Jackie said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! John and I were lame and were in bed by 10:30...ha ha. I'm glad you guys had a good new years celebration! Carter is learning everything so fast. That's cute about him and his new baby...that will help him get ready for his new sibling coming along!