Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Update....

These past few weeks have really been awful for our little family. Between me praying for death, Carter getting in more teeth (fevers, gross diapers, and bad moods) and poor Scott trying work on everyone's car, work his million hours and take care of all of us!
I am so glad to say that I am feeling much better, my sinus infection is going away (slowly but surely) and I'm on like a million pills to make me feel better. I was even able to get a few accomplished today!

Cute Carter is finally sleeping again. When he is teething, I just have to know that sleeping is not an option. Now that he's not getting up five times a night things are better for him during the day! We've been doing a lot of reading lately. This little boy can say so many things, he's putting together longer sentences and says "please" and "thank you"
We also have put up Christmas tree. (I actually had it up for while now, but have been so sick to post about it) I didn't get a great shot because of where we had to put it this year. I didn't want it in the way for Carter (he has bikes and cars he rides indoors) I am a huge fan of the "sentimental" trees. I love the look of the nicer ones (you know the ones that coordinate) but I have to say I wouldn't have anything other than ours.
Every Christmas we put up the tree with Christmas music playing in the background, and talk about each ornament as we put it on the tree. Each and everyone of them have a story behind them. I also make suer to get an ornament for Carter every year to symbolize what we going on in his little life that year. I do the same for Scott and I.
Last year Carter got a bottle ornament because he had just turned one and was "growing" out of it! And Scott and I got a "Home Improvement" ornament because of the work we were doing on the house.
Our tree isn't a gorgeous one but the memories we have on it are priceless!
I am so glad that things are looking up for our fam, now that we're doing better hopefully there will be more things to post about too!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better. It is awful being sick when your pregnant. Your tree is adorable. I like trees with sentimental memories as well. I'm glad your tree is staying up!

The Benoits said...

So glad you are feeling better! Your tree is so cute, I love that you buy a special ornament each year. I do the same thing for my girls!

Andrea said...

It was good to talk to you yesterday! Glad things are going much better. and a big YAY for today being your last day at work!

Your tree looks great!