Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Carter, Carter, Carter....What Can I Say.....

What can I say...our little Carter Babe is now THREE YEARS OLD!!!! I know it sounds corny, but it really does feel like yesterday Carter was introduced into our lives. I feel to young to have a 3 year old...of course that's what happens when you have your first at 21 right?!?
I am filled with joy, appreciation, admiration and longing for our little guy. Carter has taught Scott and I so much about life, love and what it means to truly be a family. He's our first, and will always have a special place in our hearts because of this.
I absolutely adore Carter. He is such a fun little boy to hang out with, talk to and just be around. Carter and I have a special bond that I hope to continue for the rest of his life....I always refer to him as my handsome boyfriend (with how much time we spend together he is my number one man right now!)
He has such personality. From day one this kid has had an opinion about everything and will only do things on his terms. He's such a goofball and just truly enjoys life. (I wish I could let loose sometimes and enjoy it like he does)
"Carter Morris of Washington Terrace" as he tells everyone in Nursery. He's the exact image that I had in my mind of what my son would look like (who knows where Brax came from!) I love his blonde hair, blue eyes and amazing curly hair!
Our little guy has had a few firsts this year:
1. He started Preschool (and completly LOVES it!)
2. He became a big brother (which he gets better at everyday)
3. He is now potty trained (what a relief)
4. He also became best friends with Hunter Davis (they've always been friends, but this year they have become so close and both boys are really close to Ash and I as well)
I think the biggest thing that Carter has accomplished so far in his life is his amazing relationship with Scott. Carter wasn't a planned baby, and believe me, Scott and I were no where near being ready to be parents....but through everything Scott has become a great dad (despite everything he's had to overcome in his life) and he is so thankful for Carter.

There is no greater love than that of a Father and Son...I'm so grateful that Carter and Scott will always have the bond that, Scott and I both, always wanted in our childhoods.
Carter's party will be next weekend at our church gym, so keep checking back for more pics of the Birthday Boy!

2 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

Happy Birthday Carter! I can't believe you are THREE! You are one of the funniest and cutest boys we know. We love you!!

Jackie said...

I'm a little late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CARTER! What a special mom you have! Congrats on being 3! Can't wait until the party!