Saturday, October 3, 2009

Staying Busy...

Back in January I was under the impression that by becoming a stay at home mom, things would, at the very least, slow down for our family....well I couldn't have been more wrong!
Once we became a family of four....things just kept getting busier and busier for us. This is what we've been up to lately...
COUSIN TIME! Scott and I thought that our brother and sister-in-law needed to get away for a little while without the kids...so we watched them for them. This made our family of four...and family of 6 real quick and with four boys under the age of 5! CRAZY!!!! But oh so fun....
we made POPCORN...
and burned off energy at the PARK! It was so fun having all the boys together...it did however teach Scott and me that we could NEVER have that many kids! :)
Ash and I decided to take the boys bowling for the first time now that the weather is getting worse. Though I really did think it would be easy...it wasn't. It was really fun but the poor boys didn't understand the concept of waiting until their turn.
They always have a good time together though, and the ramp they had really helped them get the ball "rolling." It was really fun and I so want to go again!
My mom, sister and I took the boys to a house in her neighborhood that let us pick apples from her trees for free. It was so fun...I've never picked apples from trees before.
Carter showed Brax his pear that he found right on the ground.....
Here's my mom showing Carter what apple picking is all about!
Carter and I try to go to Lowes and do the "build and grow" projects they have on Saturdays. Well, this past Saturday was PERFECT! The project was a fire truck and they had South Ogden City there with their fire trucks to check out!
Here's the little man enjoying his red balloon by the fire truck...
Here's Carter making his fire truck...
Overall, we've had something going on everyday lately. I'm hoping tomorrow can be our relaxing family day watching Conference, baking, and playing together.

2 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

Lol! You were so positive about the bowling expirience. At least I can look back and laugh. We try so hard to provide fun memories for the kids. I couldn't even bring myself to blog about that day. Next time lets go bowling at the place by your house.
I love the apple pictures! So fun. The one of you and Carter is so cute! Oh that Carter makes me laugh. How is his brain when he walks these days? I love that boy!

Kiera said...

Too cute. Are you coming up to Park City with us next weekend? I hope you do. I might just go up Saturday. Bring the boys I am dying to see that baby. I cna't believe I haven't seen him yet.