Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Carter's 3 Birthday Party!

Carter had his third birthday party this past weekend...and all I can say is...SUCCESS!!!! It was so much fun! The kids played with blocks, huge legos, ran around the church gym and just had a good time together. I plan these parties almost 6 months in advance, so to actually have this party go better than planned was a shock to even me! Carter's theme this year was CONSTRUCTION. Here's the AMAZING cake my mom made....
I had aprons, hats and goggles for the kids to wear...but of course they didn't seem as thrilled by them as I was....so this is who ended up wearing them....
I made tool shaped cookies for the kids to ice. The cousins had a great time doing that. There were hammers, screw drivers and saws to choose from....the favortie part was the squeeze bottles filled with icing.
The kids absolutely LOVED the horns that they could blow! The gym made it echo, so of course they kept going! Although after awhile it did get a little crazy, those are the memories that these kids are going to take away from this party....LOVE IT!
Poor Halle was the ONLY girl out of the whole bunch (except for Brinley and Annie who can't move yet) but this little girl held her own. She played with the boys so well and LOVED the cookie decorating table. Way to represent the girls Halle!
This is Carter's best friend Hunter. THe funniest thing about this picture is that his mom tried tog et him to smile for awhile...all I did was ask...and the funny boy grinned perfectly! I just love this little boy!
My mom and I made this cut out for the boys to take their pictures in! It was a hit...here's cute cousin Hunter posing...
The clean up was probably Carter's favorite part....Grandpa Steve let him ride the broom...
It was such a fun party I'm so glad everyone had a great time. I know from now on it's all about the church gym! Growing up my mom always had us choose a theme for our parties and she took it and ran....she did so many amazing things for each of our birthdays and to this day I remember almost all of them. Though my parties are always a lot of planning and preparing...I know that Carter will look back and really appreciate the work that went into this party.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yep! I would definitely call Carter's birthday a HUGE success. I only wished that I could have stayed longer. The cookie decorating station was my favorite. Carter is so lucky to have a mom who loves him so much.

Jackie said...

WOW Christie what a party!! I'm SOOOOOO sorry that I missed it. I was up so late the night before, I was just drained. And Rylan usually naps at 2 so he wasn't in the best mood either. I really do feel bad though. It really looks like it would have been a BLAST! I think I'll hire you for Rylan's birthday! Great job!

Jessica said...

Wow that is amazing! Could I hire you to do Ava's birthday? It's not until April so you would have plenty of time to plan. :) I've actually been thinking about it lately and all I can come up with is that she likes the Disney princesses so I guess that will be the theme! I think I'll cheat and just have it somewhere like the Kangaroo Zoo. I wish I were as creative as you!