Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July Weekend....

Happy 4th of July!

Our weekend was amazing! We started our three-day weekend off with a walk around the lake on base.... (don't mind the weird smiles from my boys)
We fed the ducks and explored all over....
Scott put on an amazing firework show for us at his family's house...
The boys loved every minute! Carter rode his "motorcycle" around the front yard while Brax took in everything about fireworks...Scotty gave us all a great presentation.
Today my family and I took the boys to Boondocks and tried out the "kid bowling" section...it was a hit! Even Brax got in on the action.
It's always fun to hang out with family, play with the boys and just relax. I can't remember a better 4th of July!

On a side note:
I am grateful for so many things and this past week has really made me focus on that.
First of all, I am so grateful that I'm not this size anymore...
Second of all, I have a great new job working with Fat Cats Family Fun Center. I am so glad I found a job that fits my personality, has a great schedule and makes a difference. It's a great company, fun people and an amazing opportunity I just couldn't pass up.
Third, though having your transmission go out on you might seem like something to stress about...I am grateful that it has made me take a good look at my priorites...and I'm the first one to admit, they're going to change. Scott and I have to come up with a ton of money to fix my car, so in the meantime I'm just glad that we have one car (and it's a good thing I know how to drive a stick) and that I avoided an accident while driving my broken car to the shop.
Fourth, Scott and I adore our boys and have decided that we are going to make every decision (no matter how hard) so that one day we will look back on all of this and realize that we have done the best we could for our family.
I don't think I could have asked for a better holiday weekend, it's all about family and making memories...our boys will look back on their childhood and have plenty of fond memories. (or at least that's what we're going for)

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh great! Thanks for making me feel even more homesick than I already was, and missing you guys even more. Scotty does put on a pretty spectacular firework show I have to say. Glad you guys had a great weekend. I can't wait to see and hear all about my favorite soon to be 1 yr old's birthday coming up. Give the boys kisses from their favorite aunt Annie.

Ashley and Devan said...

First of all, I totally miss you. I really do. You are such a wonderful friend and I just love you and your family. Your friendship has meant so much to me. I am so excited to see you Saturday.
Looks like a fun 4th. I love the pic of Carter with the bucket on his head. That funny boy, he's been doing that forever. Good luck on the transmission. We caved and got a new car today, I'll tell you more on Saturday. Miss you!!