Friday, July 9, 2010

Growing...Downsizing...Partying!

Our garden is growing by the day! (this is a good thing because we may have to be living off of it soon) Our sunflower plant grows about 5 inches each day and Carter loves seeing how tall he looks next to it. Our strawberry, tomato, sweet pea and bell pepper plants are doing amazing...but my newest joy is our zucchini plant! It has a ton of mini zucchinis on it right now that keep getting bigger and bigger. It's so fun to go out each day and see what grew over night.

As I said before the transmission went out in my car last week. Now my poor car sits on the street waiting for us to come up with the money to fix it. It's really sad to drive up everyday and see it just sitting there.

But in the meantime I do get to drive this beauty of a car...I know I should be grateful, and I really am, but it's no 4Runner that's for sure. This manual everything car gets to haul around all of my Fat Cats Marketing stuff, both boys, all the kids' stuff and groceries. Some days I wonder where it's all going to go...but I have to say it's been a great alternative to having no car.
Tomorrow is Brax's First Birthday Party! I have been waiting for this moment forever! And of course have been actually planning the party for a long time now...so to see it all come together was great! My mom, sister and I went to the gym of the church today to set everything up...here's the before....
I chose a circus/carnival theme and I have say it turned out better than I imagined. When the kids walk in (which we probably have about 12 or so coming) they get to decorate their "prize bucket" and then for each game they do they get to win a prize and that's how they "earn" their goodie bag.
We have a jumping castle (where they get beach balls), a tube/tent maze (where they get clappers), a duck pond (where they get a duckie), a milk bottle toss (where they get a superman ring), whack-a-mole (where they get spiderman rings), a lollipop tree, a photo back drop and a snap bracelet making center.
Here's the concessions....
My mom made these banners last night....
The cutest thing though is this lollipop tree...My mom made this and it turned out way cute!
My cute mother-in-law watched the boys so we could set up in peace....I am so grateful for having so many people to help me out!
I can't wait for tomorrow!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Your poor car! Your car must have been hanging out too much with Ashley's old car. ;)

The Birthday party looks so fun.

Jessica said...

Your birthday party looks adorable! Sorry about your car. We have been going through the same thing. It's been very humbling for me to get rid of my Jeep with all the bells and whistles for a more affordable car. I know it's best for our family so I just remember that when I miss my car. Hope you can get yours fixed soon! And your garden looks amazing! Mine is taking quite awhile to flourish, maybe I should water it more! :)

Ashley and Devan said...

Rachaels comment was funny.. my stupid car probably did rub off on your nice 4 runner. Damn passport.

Anyways.. I can't wait for the party tomorrow!!! Your parties are always amazing. I can't believe Brax is one!