Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Father's Day...a bit Late...

I swear, time just flies by lately! Though our little family has been staying busy, I just haven't had the time (or will power) to update our blog.
We celebrated Father's Day last month in a unique way.
I took the boys to Michael's for their Father's Day Craft. This was free I might add. It was a cute key chain that they both got to decorate however they wanted. I let them do these all by themselves, that way Scott could always see how Carter writes at this moment, and what Braxton does with markers.
Scott and I have always been about the sentimental gifts when it comes to the boys, so this year the boys and I did a cute craft idea I found online. (I even was able to use it in Primary for sharing time...score!)
We made these cute ties.....
The boys worked so hard on these. They made one each for Daddy, Grandpa Steve and Grandpa Tom. They were having so much fun picking out specific colors for each "dad" and what was going on each one. (I even made some of my own and hung them in a banner that said "We Love Daddy."

We are so lucky to have such amazing sons. I have enjoyed doing so many things with them lately, now that they are at good ages for adventures. The boys and I are lucky to have such an amazing dad, husband and provider.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Very cute idea with the ties. I bet your boys just loved making them. I hope things slow down for you--especially when WE all get there in a few short weeks. I am so bummed that we are just barely missing Brax's bday party, because I am sure it will be a great big bash--but I guess we'll just have to make up for it later. Hope all is well. Talk to you SOON!!