Thursday, January 1, 2009

"Redneck" Family-Style Fun

Scott had today off...the first day in a LONG time that it's been just our little family...so we decided to ring in the new year with a "redneck" style picnic.
I know that sounds funny, but I came up with the idea today because I LOVE to have picnics and just hang out, (it's free for one, which is always a plus and it's also a way to just talk with eachother) but the weather isn't the best for that right now (in the high thirties) so I decided my car would have to do. Here's the details:
We loaded up the car with all the picnic "goods" and unloaded the back of my car so it was empty, then we took a nice scenic drive up Trapper's Loop and found a private area to park the 4Runner. Once parked we all got into the back of the car and had a "make-shift" picnic. As funny as it sounds, it really was fun.
Carter loved that his mom and dad were being silly in the back with him, and surprisingly with the back seat folded down there was plenty of room to just relax and enjoy our home-packed lunch! I would recommend this to anyone who needs a time out of the house, but is short on cash because this was way fun!
Carter loved the part where he got to drive mommy and daddy down the hill. (Little did he know that it wasn't even turned on!)
As we were heading home, we saw a HUGE moose (bull) on the side of the road! It was seriously right next to the road, so of course Scott had to pull over (into oncoming traffic) to take a couple shots of this massive beast!
This is when it got scared of us and went behind the trees for "protection."

We had so much fun, I'm so glad that we had today to spend together. With the holidays being full of extended family, and Scott working so many hours it's so nice to have a day to just relax and be the little family we are!

2 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

Oh my gosh, you come up with the funnest ideas. I think its so neat that you saw the moose. Can't wait to see you guys next week.

Jackie said...

Ohhh...you are so creative! I was just trying to picture me, John and Rylan in the back of my car...I think it worked so well with you guys because you weigh like 100 pounds!! HA HA HA Looks like TONS of fun! And wow that's awesome you saw a moose!