Friday, January 2, 2009

Bargain Hunter....and My Rewards!

Grocery shopping.....you either LOVE it or HATE it. I happen to LOVE it because I'm a "deal" girl and love making our money stretch as far as possible. Now that we're down to one income, I have to make sure that we make every dollar go as far as it can.
This building may not look like much, but it's the ONLY place I can get the best deals on groceries. It's the commissary on base, I get to still go with my mom. Today, in coupons alone (not the special pricing already on everything there) I saved $23 dollars.

Scott used to make fun of me while I clipped the coupons, but once he saw the numbers adding up he was amazed and hasn't given me a hard time yet! They say that if you're trying to stay on a budget and eat most meals at home, you should spend around $15 per person per week. So Scott, Carter and I should cost about $45 a week, which is $180 a month. (This is still including eating healthy and getting fresh veggies and fruits)

I am the type of shopper that goes once a month for everything, and then periodically throughout the month for the little things. We have actually been doing really well with our "food budget." I do spend a little more now because we can now that we've paid off things, so we average about $200 per month. This is including diapers, cleaning things, bathroom items, everything!

I just love getting good deals and making sure "Scott's" hard-earned money goes as far as it can for our little fam.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

You are so silly...you are probably the only one I know that would blog about your groceries! That's awesome though that you have saved so much and get to spend more now than ever. I need to learn a few tricks from you, because it seems like I over spend on groceries every time I go. GOOD JOB!!

Azure said...

I think that I need you to give me a lesson on budgeting!!! I spend about $100 dollars a week and I thought that was good. PLEASE tell me how you do it!!!!