Sunday, January 4, 2009

Transitions.....It's so Hard to be TWO!

As much as I've LOVED staying home, our little Carter has been transitioning a little more difficult than we imagined. Everyday, he's just waiting for me to drop him off somewhere and leave him for the day. He's been "on edge" for the last week, and as hard as it to see him like this (I do have sympathy) it's still a little annoying to have a "basket-case" on my hands now! I know it'll just take a little while for him to get used to it, but it's hard when it's every time I take him ANYWHERE!

On Saturday, Carter's friend Rylan had his first birthday party. Carter had a rough time in the beginning, but then relaxed once he realized that mommy and daddy were both staying with him. He had a blast, and Rylan's mom (Jackie) put on a great show!

Any excuse to eat cake is GREAT for Carter. He pretty much only eats the icing!


The boys LOVED the million balloons!

That night my sister watched Carter while Scott, myself and my parents went to the movies. I just have to add that Marley & Me is a MUST SEE! Though there are some really funny parts, it's such a great show and really makes you realize what life's all about. While the 'rents were away, Carter and Aunt Ju Ju had a blast!
"J" ...as we refer to her, brought out the modeling clay and they made some really fun cars, planes and roads for their vehicles.
When we got home, this what our little guy was up too....
This morning I thought it woudl be fun to make our "Rice Krispie" version of gingerbread houses. Scott was our killing poor little innocent bunny rabbits, so Carter and I had Aunt Ju Ju spend the night to keep us company. Though the box made everything look really cute, ours didn't turn out "quite" like that. It didn't help that I'm not the slightest bit artistic! But we did have fun....
This is the end product of mine.... (Don't judge me by my lack of talents!)
And Carter pretty much just liked eating the candies off his house!

It was such a fun weekend, filled with lots of family. Carter really hates transitions now and screamed the whole way home tonight! I know he'll get over this, but man it's not fun anymore!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I love Carter dressed like a little "preppy" dude! What a stud. Did you cut his hair again??? Where are all of his precious baby curls Christie?? I bet its been a little rough adjusting to life at home, without daycare. He'll figure out soon enough, don't worry. I love your 'krispy gingerbread' houses. Thats a really good idea.

Jackie said...

I'm glad that you guys came to the party, and I hope you had a good time! Thanks for all the gifts, that was really nice of you! You are always doing so many fun things with Carter, you are a great mom! I bet it's hard for both of you right now getting used to the new routine, but things will get better!