Friday, April 9, 2010

Amazing News!

Our little Carter was born with a heart mumur (nothing real major, just a common hole in his heart) and we've had to go to Primary Children's every so often to get it checked for the past 3 1/2 years. Usually kids grow out of them pretty quickly, but not our Carter.


Well today I got some of the BEST news...NO MORE HOLE! Carter's little heart is completely healed and he is officially free of worry...as far as Primary Children's is concerned!


I can still remember the first time taking our little man there...he was a tiny 3 weeks old and was so small. The nurses were really nice, but too reassuring that Carter was going to be okay...it made me so worried that they were just preparing me for bad news.

We've gone about every nine months since he was born and every time I've always had the idea in the back of my mind that I could be getting "bad news" this time. It's one of the worst feelings to be completely helpless for your child.

Though everytime I worried, I did make sure to show Carter how much fun Primary Children's is. He loves the mini blood pressure cuffs, the cool prizes and fun candy they hand out readily. Last year was fun because Carter understood what was going on...

This year was great because I never have to go back there for his heart again!

I am so happy to have a healthy child!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

That has got to be WONDERFUL new for you guys! Yay Carter!!!

Jackie said...

That is great news!! What a relief! Looks like you guys had a fun Easter. You and your mom are so good at doing crafts and fun activities! I bet Carter is going to be a great creator when he gets older!

Anonymous said...

HE'S GOTTEN SO BIG!!!!! i'm so happy my (thats right MY)little guy is ok but is so sad he's a big boy i want him to be little by the way this is juju