Friday, April 16, 2010

T-Ball!!

My family and I have been looking forward to Carter playing T-Ball since we found out I was pregnant with a BOY! At my baby shower for Carter, my mom and dad even got a mini ball and glove. T-Ball, baseball, softball, you name it, it's a part of our family's history and so much fun.
Growing up I was so much older than my brother and sister, so I became the "secondary parent" in our family. I remember watching them play T-Ball thinking how much fun I was going to have one day watching my own kids play....and now here we are!
For those that know me well, know that I'm not the least bit sports-inclined. But in junior high and high school I gave softball and shot for a couple of years and though I wasn't great I did have a great time playing second base almost 9 years ago. It's such an amazing feeling to now have my little guy playing T-Ball for the first time!

My whole family came out to see the little guy learn what t-ball is all about!
He has a really great coach. "Coach V" is so patient and creative! He gets the kids excited and really has a way of making it fun for them.
Because the team is full of 3 and 4 year olds, the parents are expected to help out on the field. This was a great time for Carter and Scott to have some different bonding time.

Carter is a lefty, which makes things a little harder. I went to 7 different sports stores looking for a t-ball sized lefty glove. I swear I found the last one in Weber county! And after about 2 hours of going to all these stores and having salesmen look at me like I have a "freak" kid, Carter wanted nothing to do with the glove! I guess that's how it goes right.
Brax loved being outside and watching the "big" kids play t-ball. I'm so excited to see how our little Carter progresses over the next couple months!

2 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

Carter looks like such a natural. I wish Hunter could play with him. Gosh, now it's starting to hit me that we are moving. What are we going to do without you guys?

Jackie said...

Carter looks grown-up in his uniform! I'm sure Carter will love playing! I'm excited to get Rylan into sports.