Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Keeping Busy with Lots of New Things....

Everyone knows I'm a BIG party planner...well Braxton's First birthday is no exception! It's not until July, but my mom and I always go all out and it takes months to plan. We've come up with a Carnival/Circus Theme for the party and I found the best activity to have at the party....
The best thing about this jumping castle is that we can have it in the playroom, in the basement, outside, you name it! It's great and I got it for a fabulous deal on Amazon.com.
Carter and Brax absolutely love it! I can't wait to see all the kids at the party enjoy it too.
Another "new" in our home is home-baked bread. Scott's mom was getting rid of her bread-maker awhile ago and the other day we got it out to test-drive it! All I can say is...AMAZING! It's crusty, soft and totally looks like I know what I'm doing in the kitchen.
Carter has been complaining for a few months now that his carseat buckles are hurting him. And with Brax upgrading to Carter's current front-facing carseat I thought it was time to get Carter moved into a BIG BOY BOOSTER!
Since the kid only weighs 33 pounds he still needs a back on the booster, but this one has the removable back so when he does finally weigh enough we can make it just the booster seat.
Carter loves it! He can use the seat belt, which has created a lot less problems in the car for him. And one of the best features about this seat is the activity lights it has. We are always drving around when it's dark and Carter has a really hard time being occupied...so these lights give him just what he needs to see his toys or snacks while in the dark!
When the package came, Carter couldn't wait to sit in it and use the double cupholders. So here's the little man sitting on the couch with his booster seat...
Another "new" is that my Gran (my mom's mom) and Aunt Marian came to visit. My Aunt came back in November and met Brax for the first time...but this was Gran's first time seeing the little guy.
Carter is such a chatty-Cathy and my Gran couldn't have been more thrilled. Braxton is such a happy little boy (most of the time) so my Aunt (who really was meant to have 10 kids) adored spending time with him.
We've been staying busy, trying out new things, and making new friends too!

No comments: