Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter Recap...

This year was jammed packed with Easter activities! I have to say Easter is one of my favorite holidays...not just because of the jelly beans and peeps (though they do make me happy) but because of what everything that it represents. New Life!
Scott and I started a new tradition in our home of dying hard boiled eggs. I know it's not original but we've never actually dyed real eggs before. (To be honest I don't remember the last time I dyed eggs myself) Now that we know what we're doing...I'd have to admit how much fun it is!
Another really fun craft we did was to put "string" stickers on white plastic eggs. I will say this is the BEST thing to do with little guys! It was easy, fun and none of them break!
Scott's Aunt and Uncle do a flashlight Easter Egg Hunt every year....though we couldn't make it their hunt, we did do our own this year. Ashley brought Hunter and Brinley and Carter's "Uncle" Jimmy came to! This is definitely something we are doing every year!
It was way windy, so Brax only got to enjoy it for a few minutes before we put him back in the car....
I didn't get that many pics outside because it was really cold. The boys loved it though. We all went back to me dad's afterward to check out the candy and hang out. The boys loved seeing what was in each egg.
My best friend Jimmy has been celebrating Easter with my family for so long! He's a great "uncle" to the boys and such a fun "adopted brother" into our family.
Brax and Brin are so cute together. I can't wait to see how they grow up with eachother.

On Easter my family came over for a relaxing brunch. Of course we had to have another activity...and this one my mom found is a winner...You melt chocolate and pour it over chow mein noodles for a "nest" and then add the speckled jelly beans and peeps for the bird and eggs.
It was such a cute idea and very easy!

We also had my mother-in-law's Birthday party at our house that weekend...but that deserves its own post (to come later)

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Sounds like so much fun.

Can you send me your email? I made my blog private and I still want you to be able to read it.

randjhansen@gmail.com

Ashley and Devan said...

I love the little nest.. so cute! The flashlight easter egg hunt was so fun. Lets do it again next year for sure!
Also, the picture on your blog header is so cute. You'll have to show me all of your family pics next time I come over!

Steve said...

Where are the cousins at Christie?