Saturday, May 22, 2010

Our First Garden...

I know it sounds really crazy coming from me, but Scott and I planted a garden this year! (I'm a complete city girl, so this is a HUGE step for me)

We have this area next to the garage that was used for a dog kennel (a really bad one I might add) but it's huge. It's the length of the 2-car deep garage and about 5 feet wide. We have been working on this project for awhile now and finally have it finished (for this year anyway.)

We had to clean out about 15 years of junk, cut down trees, pull out weeds, till the soil and add good soil to the mix. (I even bought a bag of steer manure, that's right fold I carried a gigantic bag of crap from the store to my car and then spread it out over the garden area!)

We didn't plant the whole area because it's just really big and we have no idea what we're doing! But we do have strawberries, pumpkins, peppers, green beans, sunflowers, peas, carrots and tomatoes growing! Let's just see what actually comes of our very first garden this year....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention the cement dog bowl planted can anyone say ghetto this is juju by the way